ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Schwep-tek Mod.

SchwepTek™
There is but it'll look poo!

4 points are fine! Take no longer than a seatbelt to put on, comfy to drive in and if you dont have them so your ribs are touching your ass, you can lean forward at junctions etc.

lol but i just want the option if im only going for a quick blast up the shops. ;)

SchwepTek™
Oh and another thing, i thought the harness slots should be solid/plastic??? Can i get some to protect the material?

SchwepTek™
They look nice :approve:

Is it real carbon or carbon-effect? I've never seen silver looking carbon fibre weave before.

Its getting there! LOL. Gonna be comin out with you boys soon hopefully. Just need to get a few more things sorted.

I think its real LOL!

VRS
looking mint matey :approve: the cars really coming along now :race:

for those who like misanos, keep an eye on the for sale section as mine will be in there when i get time to take them out of the car ;)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great!! If you're getting harnesses, get 4 points as you'll regret getting 3 points. I had them on my old daily driver and they were fine. You'll feel cool so that outways the extra hassle anyway :rasp:

Up rocks
I dont think recliners are supposed to be used with harnesses. I hear that only rigid backed seats are allowed as they wont buckle under the strains that harnesses cause during a crash.

SchwepTek™
I dont think recliners are supposed to be used with harnesses. I hear that only rigid backed seats are allowed as they wont buckle under the strains that harnesses cause during a crash.

Why they got harness slots then? lol

Up rocks

Why they got harness slots then? lol

For show? I think its a bit of a grey area tbh. Spoke to Cobra direct on the phone last year enquiring about a set of Daytonas i think it was. When asked what the car would be used for and if i was planning harnesses i was told that as they were recliners they were unsuitable for harnesse as only rigid backed seats are FIA approved. Whe i asked why they had harness slots then? I was told they were for show, to give a normal practical street car a race look but still allow access to the rear via reclining seats. Only passing on what i was told :)

Up rocks
Might be worth checking with the seat manufacturer before fitting them, they may say its ok you never know. Only mentioned it as a safety thing.