ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another throttle body down!

Renault Clio 182 BG
My 172 Cup has eaten its way through 3 throttle bodies now, i think its about time i find out what the problem is!
They have all had different behaviour but the common attitude is to cut out or not rev past 5k. Each time i put a replacement on they work fine for a few weeks but then start to go wrong.
Is there anyway of diagnosing what is wrong with a scan? Im thinking maybe throttle potentiometer but i dont want to start throwing bits at it till i know for definite.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Bring it in if you like, i'll fix it for you - Firstly you need to understand the problem so you should start by scoping the pedal tracks then scope the motor control signal... i'm betting it's nothing to do with faulty throttle bodies or pedal potentiometers though.
Mick