ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another versus thread (sorry)

valver
right considering what to but for a next car and was thinking about a honda civic jordan, now would one of these be valver terrority or williams terrority,? i mean in a straight line no twisties.

lawson706 said:
right considering what to but for a next car and was thinking about a honda civic jordan, now would one of these be valver terrority or williams terrority,? i mean in a straight line no twisties.

it's quicker m8 possibly even trophy terrority ?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Always fancied a Jordan, but the colour put me off...they're lighter than a 172 (IIRC) and should be on a par with them. Don't know about round the twisties though.

Donny

valver
right i know book time isnt to be believed to a tee, but the 0-60 on these is 7.9 so wouldnt of thought it would be loads quicker, a mate of mine who had a valver which had cams and some other stuff done to it, came up against a civic same shape as jordan but not a jordan, vtec though, and it was a even enough match up to the ton, but had 3 people in the car.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
jordans are the same as civic VTI's (well VTI-S) they produce about 160bhp! Thay are fast but not faster than 172,182 etc.....they rev crazy like all good hondas so!

172 in the straights would be faster more BHP and Torque

lawson706 said:

my bad i heard about a honda civic type r called jordan ????........thought it was one of those

valver
so performance wise a step up from the old valver then?
what about a vts how would it do agaisnt that?
dont want a vts just a mate has one and its the fastest thing on the road according to him

Aren't they just a VTIS with a paint job?

Ie: Quick and talented but no different from the norm?

If so then testing figures show 167bhp, 8.1 to 60 and 21.7 to 100.

Quoted weight is a suprisingly porky 1241kg which explains the acceleration defecit.

Hope this helps.

valver
b[equote=speedynz]Aren't they just a VTIS with a paint job?

Quoted weight is a suprisingly porky 1241kg which explains the acceleration defecit.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

yup cheers for the info but this seems a lot slower than i thought, i know the 1.5 lsi are a lot quicker then there supposed to be so maybe the same with the jordan, where u get those stats btw?

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
speedynz said:
Aren't they just a VTIS with a paint job?

Hope this helps.

yeah they are glorified VTI-S's......they are about £2k more expensive coz only 300 ever put on sale.... www.civicjordan.co.uk IMO get a normal VTI or VTI-S same performance and cheaper to insure

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
lawson706 said:
^^want something a bit unique though and i love the interior and colour of the car

They are ok bit of a marmite car.....look on the civic jordan forum to find a good one that has been looked after.....BEWARE don't be surprised to pay £6000 for a good one!!!

lawson706 said:
b[equote=speedynz]Aren't they just a VTIS with a paint job?

Hope this helps.

yup cheers for the info but this seems a lot slower than i thought, i know the 1.5 lsi are a lot quicker then there supposed to be so maybe the same with the jordan, where u get those stats btw?[/quote]

Lawson, 167bhp and 1240 kg's = 0-60 in 8 odd secs and 0-100 in 21 secs.

With that weight and power those figures seem spot on to me (Autocar original road test figures).

A Clio 172 has marginally more power but weighs 200kg's less hence it's far greater accelerative abilities.

The 16valve Clio would have a job on it's hands holding on to a Civic in a straight line, if that's what you're asking?

DC5
My brother has just sold his car, and is looking for one of these. They range from about £4.5k - £6.5k.

If anyone knows of any for sale let me know. Other than the ones that are on the jordan and autotrader website.

Nippy white cup
My m8 just bought a vti (not jordan) of his boss..p reg but on 33k miles for £3500. Leather etc...very nice car.

Chris

W

WrongJohn

The Jordan was a limited run of 500.

There is no performance benefit over a normal VTI or VTI-S so you are looking at 160bhp give or take. Would be lucky to see 167.

Frankly if you have 6k to play with I would go for an EG6 VTI (older shape - 92 - 95) for about 2k and save the rest. They are quicker due to weight and have a much lower and sportier body shape and suspension set up.

They are both powered by the B16A2 and it doesnt matter how old or high mileage, the engine will never fail so getting an older car should not be an issue. If its had oil it will be fine.

The VTI in my opinion feels faster than a new CTR because of the VTEC kick being far more pronounced than the I-VTEC.

In effect, in a VTI you may be going slower than the car next to you, but you will feel like your going faster - and they are not exactly slow anyway.

Countless stories out there about a Civic VTI at 8250 RPM screaming alongside a saxo VTS/focus ST170/Peugeot 206 GTi and how the other car has dropped its gearbox/engine/wheels etc are quite funny!

Regards
John

Mint Clio Valver!
Frankly if you have 6k to play with I would go for an EG6 VTI (older shape - 92 - 95) for about 2k and save the rest. They are quicker due to weight and have a much lower and sportier body shape and suspension set up.

I tried getting one of those instead of valver. Was quoted same insurance (somehow!!) Probably the hardest cars to find! If you want a 92-95 vti (the best vti i think) then prepare yourself for some stress trying to find one!!!

Mint Clio Valver!
also, i found myself sitting much happier in my valver when i did see a vti coming the other way. As the valver (williams in your case) looks much more different, people who know anything about cars will instantly think: 'ay! its one of them williams clios, they're well quick!!' whereas i doubt they'd take a second look at a vti (only thing that gives em away is the vti sticker (not even a badge!) on the back.. and a jordan just looks like its on the same level as a 106 quicksilver. Look different but i don't think they look overly sporty, even though they def drive sporty!

Up to you mate, i think the williams looks and sounds awesome, definately more of a head turner than a vti.

PLUS, if you're worried about looking like a chav, then don't get a civic. chavs love civics.

valver
ok cheers guys dont want another french car though, and the vts, 106's etc to common, as i said before want something a bit special and nice and quick, so has anybody drove one? or any suggestions of cars they might think fit the bill?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
brilliant cars ! bit crashy when on coilys but very adequate in a straight line and round twisties. was not much slower than my 182 !

also alot easier to make lighter .. lots of tar inside and very tuneable.

172 cup baby
mate had a vti (think it was a sport) that went well,but oat you have to rev like crazy cant be brill