ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another victum who underestimates

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

yet again, they are missing the "Value for money" side of things.

ie comparing an S3 to a 172/182 at prolly twice the price?

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 06 December 2004
yet again, they are missing the "Value for money" side of things.ie comparing an S3 to a 172/182 at prolly twice the price?

Totally agree. How can you compare a car costing that much to a clio?
Might as well compare thier car with say a skyline for the price differance.

133/225/CLS AMG

The other thing that I noticed is that the guy who said he owner a Cup said it topped out aroun 125 ish when we all know its nearly 140mph!!!

Its always good to have your car underestimated. Like when I pulled up next to the fat builder in his 1.8 Sierra Estate who tried floor it off the lights. Only needed first gear!! lol

I had one of those new 3.2 A3s on my rear bumper (pet hate!) a few months ago on the motorway... hed chosen totally the wrong environment to take on the might of the Fiat 20VT!!

Absolutely gutted was the only way to describe the look of the guy as I repeatedly hammered the poo out of the A3 with its power-sapping Quattro drivetrain. Did you know that you can comfortably pull away from a 3.2 A3 in 3rd, 4th and 5th in a Coup at motorway speeds?! (y) £4.8k of depreciation-tastic Italian might takes on £25k of over-priced VW parts bin bodge!

Can you tell that I hate Audis LOL?!

Id honestly fear a tussle with a 182 far more than with a Skoda for badge snobs - especially when corners are involved. Underestimate hot Clios at your peril.

E91 M Sport

"My car is quicker over 130mph...which is why I bought it blah blah"

Dude, who cares? No one, just you. People forget that a clio will put a smile on your face because its fun. Fun, fast and cheap. Lardy arsed S3s are slow on the track anyway, drink more fuel, cost more to run, etc. If you ask them why they like their cars, they always seem to say build quality! lol

133/225/CLS AMG

I got a guy I work with whose still finds it hard to work out how my Clio can be quicker than his Audi A3. Doesnt understand the idea of a 2.0ltr 172bhp engine in a small hatch being quicker than a 1.8T 150bhp engine in a heavier car. :eek:

Audi = Rebadged Skoda!! Good quality but seriously over priced.

BenH - another cooper!

I too enjoy punishing overweight VAG machinery in my almost-as-overweight italian steed (I just have 261 lb ft torque to help me )

Will be interested to see my first Golf GTI Mk 9 or whatever it is in my mirror, then press the loud pedal and magically make him smaller ;)

Yaris Hybrid

I suppose thats the best bit about driving an image-less car like the Clio.

You simply cant lose.

If you get beaten by a fancy car then it was expected anyway and no one thinks anything of it.

You only have to keep up with a flash motor to win the moral victory.

Must be a nightmare owning and driving MX-5s, MR2s and non-"M" BMWs. They are on a hiding to nothing.

...only had one pipe out the back & not 2 !!
a standard cup/172 doesnt have any pipes !!

i hate all the idiots in the 2.0 a3s trying to push my poor 16valver up the road, still no match even for my 10yr old car !

Roll on 20vt time !!! when ican take on the big boys, then well see.

The best 12.5K i ever spent! My boss owns a 2002 M3 he struggled to keep with me on the twisty back roads in mobberley and wilmslow! - killed me on the straight! For the money you cant buy better! I also work with a lad who has a MGZT 190 he cant crasp the concept that a small car can be quick! He learnt the same as everyone else!

Volvo S60 T5

I suppose thats the best bit about driving an image-less car like the Clio.

You simply cant lose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very true, I love it when I cane expensive motors but if I do get beaten so what its only a clio (dont happen much now btw);)

I was on the m6 the other afternoon near Junc 8 and an S3 tried to push me owt of the way.I geared it down into third when I was doing 72mph, waited until there was a big gap infront and floored the baby and just left him.I was at the RAC building when he was just coming round the bend just before where the M5 merges...!

Great these Cheap poorly built 182s arent they.I have lots of fun in mine.

Graham

Yaris Hybrid

I remember when Audis were classy cars driven by gentleman drivers that had good taste.

Then the BMW drivers start buying them once the drug dealers and chavs had taken over their cars.....

I always remember that Audi advert where the w*nker yuppie takes it for a test drive but rejects it when he gets back to the dealership on the grounds that it "wasnt his style" causing the salesman to smile.

Unfortunately it seems as though they are his style these days.

Looks like the ad backfired on them big time!

Quote: Originally posted by civic_legend on 06 December 2004

Will be interested to see my first Golf GTI Mk 9 or whatever it is in my mirror, then press the loud pedal and magically make him smaller ;)

the way VAG are going, by the time they are up to the mk9 golf GTI it will weigh over 2.5 tons and have a 3.2 litre twin turbo just so it will crack the 10 second 0 - 60