ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anoyone know this car?

Clio 172 Cup
Hey folks well looking to do a swap with this car and was wondering if anyone knew the car just really looking for more info as its a long drive :)

thanks

Clio 172 Cup
Re: Anoyone no this car?

i agree exhaust is terrible though it would be getting changed

does the miltek centre section shar same flanges as the standard backbox?

Looks good, nice to see a steering wheel not completley gone. For that mileage price is to high. Picked mine up with 50k for that.

Stripped yozza'd cup
As said, it's probably worth 3k. Immaculate but highish mileage.
Nice to see a well written ad like that though, shows a genuine interest and seems to know what he's talking about.

If he'll take £3k, snap it up.

Clio 172 Cup
My MGZR is a 1.4 105+ (2005)

The colour is ignition blue, it has 47000 miles on the clock. The car is in great condition, only reason im selling it is because I want a Clio back.

Golf 7R
It probably wouldn't be far off, mate. My old 172 Cup got 40MPG+ on runs .... not all the time mind you, but I did see it!

Listerine & Poledo
172 does 40mpg on motorways, with climate and cruise in full effect.

As for the ZR -v- Clio pricing, my '51 ZR160 (50k on the clocks) got chopped in for 3k when I got the Clio. Don't see you getting £3k for a 1.4 now.

:S

Clio 172 Cup
The way it will work out is MGZR will go for 2900 and thats me got the clio. I know what uz mean about the exhaust, its awful looking! Id want to put that back to standard as I think the 172 is a lovely car just standard. Im takin it the 172 are a bit better on fuel than the 182 then?

Thanks for all your replies :D

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Im takin it the 172 are a bit better on fuel than the 182 then?

mine failed m.o.t on emissions recently. im guessing its the lamda not giving good fuel in comparison to others. i topped up full tank on vpower then did a 400 mile motorway round trip @ 75mph with cruise control on and only managed 36pg :S of course its only a guess.

182 has now gone!
Seems quite overpriced.. I have just sold my 182 with less miles for the same amount and that was to a dealer, tidy looking cup tho!

Listerine & Poledo
My 172 will do a steady 40mpgs on motorway running.

a typical tank of V-Power will involve a couple of hundred motorway miles and a load of london scuttling. It tends to balance out around 38mpg.

Cant believe how ZR's are holding money! That's ridiculous! If I didn't know better, I'd almost be tempted by a last-off-the-line 160.

Mate I was in exactly the same position as you albeit I didn't have quite as nice a motor to sell. If he wants your car plus some cash just be very careful on how much you part with. I almost did a deal where I would be paying an extra 2.5k ontop of my car. INstead sold my car privately, waited another month to find the right 172, managed to save myself about £500. So basically, its a buyers market don't let them take the p**s.

172DD Cup
"a Motorway Journey will see you at 46mpg at a steady pace, and 42mpg around town,which is unbelievable."

i'd buy it if it does this!! :rasp:

yeah 42 around town is a bit ambitious. i averaged 42 over a and b roads last week, but i'd imagine 32 around town

172DD Cup
mine failed m.o.t on emissions recently. im guessing its the lamda not giving good fuel in comparison to others. i topped up full tank on vpower then did a 400 mile motorway round trip @ 75mph with cruise control on and only managed 36pg :S of course its only a guess.

i use to get around 35mpg on work journey, changed lambda and now getting 40+

172DD Cup
have to admit my work run consists mainly of constant 50-70mph, combination of a and b single carriageways with a dual carriageway at the end. obviously rush hour so a little start-stop but hardly any bottlenecks.
me route to work

edit: and use morrisons petrol cause its cheapest

Clio 172 Cup
Hey,

Well Im back in the Clio world!! Its good to be back!! lol! I got the car I was aksing about on this post, it is pretty immaculate, so much more responsive than the 182 I had previously. The fuel done well too, put £40 in and drove about 160/70 miles and still got a gd bit left!

Thanks for all the replies above :)

Kirsty