ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anti roll bar bushes. what tools for compressing the new bushes?

DCI100
How do I compress the bushes to get the bolt through the whole on the middle ones.?

Also what about the out side ones? Use a g clamp?

CursedTitanium 182FF
Mole grips or longer bolts for compressing the inner bush, outers I'm not to sure on, just try using a bit of force.

BG182ff,explod Focus
Awkward little buggers aynt they.
Longer bolts would probably be the easiest solution but I didn't have any when I did mine so used cable ties to pull it close then held it there with some small mole grips while I wound in the original bolt.

derv biege barge
What difference did this mod make to the way the car drives. I'm thinking about doing mine is it worth the effort?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It tightens the front end up quite nicely having the bushes fitted. It takes me longer to lift the car up in the air and put it on axle stands than it does to fit the bushes!! They're not difficult to fit at all if you've got the tool for the job! And I don't mean fitting longer bolts or using g clamps or mole grips to close the bracket up to the subframe either!;)

CursedTitanium 182FF
It tightens the front end up quite nicely having the bushes fitted. It takes me longer to lift the car up in the air and put it on axle stands than it does to fit the bushes!! They're not difficult to fit at all if you've got the tool for the job! And I don't mean fitting longer bolts or using g clamps or mole grips to close the bracket up to the subframe either!;)

Hmmm cryptic, really useful that. Care to elaborate on "tool for the job!"

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Hmmm cryptic, really useful that. Care to elaborate on "tool for the job!"

I use a snap on pry bar. If you put the cranked end against where the floor pan curves upwards towards the bulkhead, you can use the bracket that secures the bush as your lever pivot. Then it's simply a case of push with one hand and pass the bolt through the bracket with the other. You can use mole grips to hold the bracket to the subframe if you need 2 hands but I don't find it necessary. I've been doing them this way for ages and it doesn't damage the floorpan/bulkhead at all. You can always put a rag between the bulkhead and the end of the pry bar if your worried about it though.

It really is as easy as that! Hope that is of some help!

DCI100
I did have the tools, turns out the bolts i was given with the kit are about 3mm to short. See mines a DCI100 although after market companies will tell you the anti roll bar bushes and the bar its self are the same, they are not. The antiroll bar is thicker and requires longer bolts.

Having found this out I used the original oem ones, the outside were a piece of cake then. Inside bushes or upper ones, are admittedly a right fiddle though! Thanks

"Navy" N17 TWO
I use a snap on pry bar. If you put the cranked end against where the floor pan curves upwards towards the bulkhead, you can use the bracket that secures the bush as your lever pivot. Then it's simply a case of push with one hand and pass the bolt through the bracket with the other. You can use mole grips to hold the bracket to the subframe if you need 2 hands but I don't find it necessary. I've been doing them this way for ages and it doesn't damage the floorpan/bulkhead at all. You can always put a rag between the bulkhead and the end of the pry bar if your worried about it though.

It really is as easy as that! Hope that is of some help!

Don't suppose you have a pic of this method in action? :)

Jesus took me 4 hours to do my passenger side one... With LOTS of swearing headache anger blood and kicking the brake disc at one point! I saw red O.O

Hate the Fing things in the end a massive G-Clamp and a bit of compression persuaded it in.