ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti roll bars

Clio182.E30M3,E821M
Hi All,
looking to put anti roll bar kit on my 2004 clio 182, who is the best person to buy off please.
Thanks
James

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi i have a set of new outer arb bushes powerflex going up for sale new in the box later on here

Listerine & Poledo
Whiteline are well received.
What are you looking for? front and rear, upper and lower? (Are there uppers on Clio's, @Cub. )

Clio182.E30M3,E821M
Wanted to go eibach but they don't do them for the Clio, so white line seem the only other option. I'm running BC coil overs and they are on the stiffest setting and the car is till rubbing badly on the front arches in fast cornering on track so I'm hoping front and rear anti roll bars will solve the problem.
Any good traders on here selling them?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Not of the shelf, you could get a custom bladed setup though £££'s

Track 172 Cup
When I was having some tuition at Oulton park with an Instructor (apparently raced clio's) he said my front was too soft and he asked if I had a uprated front anti roll bar after saying no he said go up a few clicks on the damping see if it help's. I'm not really clued up on setting up a car for handling so just added a few clicks and went back on my way.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Wanted to go eibach but they don't do them for the Clio, so white line seem the only other option. I'm running BC coil overs and they are on the stiffest setting and the car is till rubbing badly on the front arches in fast cornering on track so I'm hoping front and rear anti roll bars will solve the problem.
Any good traders on here selling them?

Raise the front up or put some spacers on ?

Surely stiffening the rear torsionally will put extra load through the front ?!

Mines on 'standard' BCs and I don't get any rubbing at all. 25mm spacers up front... and quite low.

Is it rubbing inside or outside on the tyre..

Track 172 Cup
I don't get any rubbing on my BC but has just started bottoming out a little at Oulton last week. On shell oil hairpin but never done it before I had the PMS top mounts and brace fitted and ran 888 for the first time. Didn't get it with the Michelin PS3.

Clio182.E30M3,E821M
I was unsure if white line do a front ARB, now I know the answer.
The car rubs badly on the inside of tyres, I can get a stronger spring for the BC's but I didn't want to go down that route yet.
TheEvilGiraffe the car is fine on the road but only rubs on fast track work. I only wanted the ARB to help with the front end. Im just going to have to work on the ride height and the springs and go from there.
Cheers for the input Guys

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
how low is it?...
40mm is about the limit, and will need archliner cutting and stuff bending out of the way
what wheels are you running?
16" will rub more than 15" (not by defenition but 15"will give you more room to play)
what spring rates are the BC's (standard they are about 50 I thinnk) ppl think Bilsteins at 75 are soft for track...draw you own conclusions..then again most of the serious trackers on here start at about 80N/mm does 5N/mm make such a big difference?)

one of the traders one here enquired about interest for a stiffer front arb a while ago....lots of ppl wanted one....never heard of again.
would be a good solution as it would enable runnimng a softer spring.....increasing grip.

Track 172 Cup
As above.

Spacers and bend the bumper mounting bracket out.

Had too do this today as mine is rubbing on passenger side I thought the suspension was bottoming out. Bent the bracket out the way and also looks directly under where the fuse box is there is a little dimple that looks like the tyre had rubbed it a few time so hoping that's my rubbing issue and if need be will enquire on stiffer springs for my BC. Although I don't know at the minute what Kg the ones fitted are so need to check.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Had too do this today as mine is rubbing on passenger side I thought the suspension was bottoming out. Bent the bracket out the way and also looks directly under where the fuse box is there is a little dimple that looks like the tyre had rubbed it a few time so hoping that's my rubbing issue and if need be will enquire on stiffer springs for my BC. Although I don't know at the minute what Kg the ones fitted are so need to check.

Ask @Greeny. about stiffer springs and how much he regretted it !

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Lol would rather softer ones, but after playing with dampening and tyre pressures mine is much better now :)