ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anto-roll bar(s)

say does a 1995 clio have any anti-roll bars?
and do cars usually have both front and rear bars? or are the bars something specific only for one end of a car?

The Tube

Front wheel drive cars would normally have rear anti-roll bars, and rear wheel drive cars normally have front anti-roll bars.

Which is why a front wheel drive car will normally lift a rear wheel when cornering hard!

Er, Im sure that most clios have a front anti-roll bar??

I know Ive got one to go on when I eventually convert to Willy-track front end :cool:

maybe we should have a voting pool? :)

semms its 2:1 that i do have a front anti roll bar
so its not that easy to turn my car over ;)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

all the 98> have front arbs. Dont think any have rear ARBs (172/182/v6 excluded as i dont know about them)

The Clio (v6 expected) have front ARBs there are no rear ARBs The V6 has the mounts for a rear ARB but doesnt hae one I dont think.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 04 August 2005

The Clio (v6 expected) have front ARBs there are no rear ARBs The V6 has the mounts for a rear ARB but doesnt hae one I dont think.
pretty sure the mk2 has an ARB and the mk1 doesnt, or vice versa.

also, im pretty sure the 1.2 in question will have a front ARB. Only way to be sure is to go and check... will take 5mins if even.

You dont have ARB on the back of Clios (v6 expected) due to the suspension design at the back.
All the Mk1 and Mk2s should have front ARBs regardless at the front.

Quote: Originally posted by Macca172 on 05 August 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Im pretty certain 172/182s have rear anti-roll bars, cant see why youd need them at the front...... :confused:

No new Clio has ARB a the back due to the suspension setup. V6 ha the attachments holes for one I belive sinc that was the best setup Renault sport could get but it was thn deleted due to cost.
You need one at a front to well do a google etc search Ill be all week trying to explain it and failing badly.

The Tube

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 05 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Macca172 on 05 August 2005

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Im pretty certain 172/182s have rear anti-roll bars, cant see why youd need them at the front...... :confused:

No new Clio has ARB a the back due to the suspension setup. V6 ha the attachments holes for one I belive sinc that was the best setup Renault sport could get but it was thn deleted due to cost.
You need one at a front to well do a google etc search Ill be all week trying to explain it and failing badly.

182 has front and rear too...

http://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio182.asphttp://www.cliosport.net/specs/clio182.asp

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

what good does an ARB do on a car like a clio (torsion beamed trailing arm)?

surely the torsion beam acts as a kinda arb

friction mate your right,it should ideally have an arb thought,the rear axle twisting as im sure youll know is what makes just about every new clio you see lift the rear wheel when your on the edge.

dont mean to go off track but has anybody ever heard if any of the big companys would be able to produce an arb for any of the modern clios?been interested in finding out about this for a while as it would tighten things up at the back

mk1 clios.

All aside from the 1.2s came with a front anti roll bar, the roll bar is the same on a 1.4 - 16V, the williams is different (its a 19 round end bar type).

The enclosed torsion bar set ups eg the 1.4s also came with a rear anti roll bar. The 1.2 again didnt.

The open bar 4 torsion bar rear beams use the trailing bars and the anti-roll bar.

All cars these days have front ARBs. Rear depends on suspension design, for example some cars like micras etc use a panhard rod, others use4 link ARBs etc.

Twingo 133

My 1.2 has a rear anti roll bar.

Cool will have to source one for my 1.2 and see if it fits on the front then. as the 1.4 and 1.2 front setup are simular.

R42274
ANTI ROLL BAR LINK KIT
CLIO 91>
What is this bit? is it the complete thing? from gsf btw

[Edited by arj256 on 05 August 2005 at 3:24pm]

the 1.2 will take a 16V/1.4 bar as they are same, bolt on.

The link from gsf is the drop link, this is what attaches the ARB to the wishbone, you need 2 of these, you also need the inner bushes and the inner clamps, you can just get them from the car you take the arb from.

Bear in mind the arb will make it corner flatte rbut it will also understeer more.

My mums 19 that I gave her has no arb, its a lot more fun to throw around on its 13s than my 16V 19 or the clio 16V I have in at the moment due to the roll and the fact it grips and grips, it will flip before it slides unlike an ARB car.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris&Amber on 05 August 2005

mk1 clios.

All aside from the 1.2s came with a front anti roll bar, the roll bar is the same on a 1.4 - 16V, the williams is different (its a 19 round end bar type).

The enclosed torsion bar set ups eg the 1.4s also came with a rear anti roll bar. The 1.2 again didnt.

The open bar 4 torsion bar rear beams use the trailing bars and the anti-roll bar.

All cars these days have front ARBs. Rear depends on suspension design, for example some cars like micras etc use a panhard rod, others use4 link ARBs etc.
Just to throw a spanner in the works, i have a phase 3 1.2 with no front ARB yet an enclosed rear torsion bar...

well im dont know much about suspension
and i probably wouldnt know how to spot arb

so if someone could tell me how to recognise it
id check it out myself