ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any 1 know this car?? GX02WGA

As above really have seen it for sale and quite possibly may purchase it as a daily so i can SORN the cup and do some major work to it this yr.. They say the owner prior to them was a CS member so jsut wanting abit info if possible cheers

Last edited:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its Daveski's on here.

Its in for sale thread. Have a look

Here is my Monaco Blue phase 2 172.

It is currently on 92k miles.
Some service history including receipt for a cambelt and aux belt replacement at Birchdown in November 2008 so doesnt need doing again for 2 years. The owner before the gentleman I bought it from was a CS member so has been looked after in the past.
The car has 2 keys.

I have owned the car since October (bought it on 87k miles and have done about 4k miles in that time) and it has been 100% reliable and has never let me down. I have spent a bit of money on subtle modifications which in my opinion set the car off nicely, The car wants for nothing, I always look after my cars well as I need a reliable car to get me the 35 miles to work and back every day. The exhaust looks to be recent.

Tax till end March 2012
MOT till July 2012

Things I have changed in my ownership include...

Polybushed dogbone mount
Renault Cabasse CD player and Tune point (for ipod, usb, 3.5mm) sounds much better than the standard stereo
Jamex 300mm steering wheel and boss so no nasty melty steering wheel. This, in my opinion is one of the best mods for a Clio.
Retrimmed a pillars and handbrake cover which looks much better than the original plastic but if you wanted to you could easily remove this
Headlining retrimmed in black fabric
Smaller front plate A must for all phase 2s, Though I still have the standard size one which will be included in the sale
Silver vision indicator bulbs front and rear
25mm hubcentric spacers on the front
15" OZ F1 wheels - because everyone knows they handle better on 15s and this also offers better ride quality and much cheaper tyres
4 uniroyal rain tyres, all with lots of tread - front two brand new.
Aluminium footrest cover to match pedals
Skoda front splitter
Brand new wipers installed two weeks ago
New track rod ends + Wheel alignment done.
Matt black diamonds and rear Clio badge.
Aux belt kit changed at Diamond Motors just before Christmas.

The car is on lowering springs and sits nicely and handles well The interior is immaculate and a lovely place to be, everthing works as it should. I looked at several phase 2s before buying this and none of them were as nice as this one.

More photo's available on request and I'm happy to answer any questions.

Yeah its mine. The ebay advert is more up to date as still changing a few things.

Had an oil and filter change on Tuesday. Ktec upper engine mount fitted last week.
I think the noise thats coming from the dephaser is made worse by the solid engine mount and isn't really that bad, you would only really notice if parked next to another Clio.

Its had a fair few quid spent on it over the last 6 months. It went straight through its MOT with the only advisory being scratch on the windscreen.

I bought it off a chap in Derby on 31/10/2011.

The owner before him was a CS member, has his name (but not user id) in with the history and receipts I got with the car.

yeah i saw it on ebay last night while browsing.. seen asthough there now deciding to write my cup off after all but im not to bothered as il just buy it back and park it up on the drive and fix it myself.. i thought it might of been a members due to how it had all the right bits done to it if u get what i mean

Yeah I've been a member on here for a couple of years and this is my second 172.

Are you in Bedford? I'm heading down to Northampton tonight for the weekend if you wanted to have a look.

No pressure, i'm in no rush to sell just thought it would be easier as I am around and saves you travelling so far.

Should also add the headlights have been machine polished and look great. Thanks to Millerdom on here.