ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any ADSL users tried an iPlate?

A red missile
Just open up your face plate and remove the bell wire. Thats all they do (well they add an inductor in too to get rid of noise)

I put one on here and also removed the bell wire too and got the same results (higher speed). You in a new build or an old build?? I think bell wire is orange pin 3.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb_vigor_linefaults.html

It's an old build but a recent new line, sounds like it's worth a shot from peoples experiences, thanks all, appreciate the input :)

Bumder With A Buffer
^^^ Depends how good his line actually is. Im on a new build and used to get a speed of about 3-4mb...put this on and did a speed test straight away upto 6mb (then removed it and it fell back down to 3mb)

Tried the remove bell wire trick and saw an improvement too up to 5mb I think.

Whats mental is im closer to the excahnge then my workamte who lives in a fcuking old farm house and his wiring is shocking in the house (for phone lines) yet he gets 8mb. Same exchange and everything. Cheers BT.

Listerine & Poledo
I used to have almost an entire BT exchange to myself, courtesy of the Boston indeigenous inbreds (not liking to spend money, they'll take talktalk and fight over the scraps of bandwidth).

Pulled down a steady 16mbps at all times day and night, my west-London Cable line cant match that!

Before BT I had wholesale ADSL broadband through Tesco, and that was absolutely shocking, getting 1mbps would have been a rare treat. Mind, it was cheaper.

you get what you pay for I guess

Go cry to your momma!
What faceplates did you have before, did you have a bell wire or any extensions?

I've no bell wire and no extensions so I doubt it'd do much for me but if you day otherwise I'll give one a whirl :)