ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any ideas of a valuation?

172 Cup 2003
Hi guys & gals after 2 and a half years of loving ownership of my 172 it's time to part company for a new car. I just need to know a guide valuation i should put her up for.

Here is Her spec:
Black clio 172 2l 16v
2002 model
covered 85k (genuine motorway miles)
fully serviced
tax'ed until November 2008
Mot until March 2009
immboliser
2 keys
6cd changer under passenger front seat
all the usual - xenons, auto lights, auto wipers, lumber support, adjustable seat and steering wheel etc etc.
stanard vgood conditon original alloys (a few curbing on outter rim)
4 x f1 eagles gsd2 tyres
4 x locking wheel nuts
Infity 6 x 9's set into the parcel shelf all wiring hidden with black felt
cat back twin oval stainless steel exhust with full life time powerful warrenty!
Hpi clear.
White lockwood dials.
Colour coded enginge cover with decals
Luggage net.
Renault boot tidy.
full set of near perfect 'justmatz' luxury carpets black with silver piping with logo 'clio sport'

About the her:
4 keepers (includes me)
the last keeper was the events manager for kiss fm so it was used 5 days a week to travel to london then at weekends to festivals.
I got the car and 63k i straight away had the belts done. I work in wycombe and my mrs lives in uxbridge so it just does the m40 m25 journeys.

i'm some what obessed with servicing so here goes since i've had her:
63k serviced
64k all belts done
70k serviced plus new brake pads and discs and sparks
74k serviced
82k serviced

Also has been in for work eg.
*Powersteering leak fixed
*new battery last month.
*new front shocks (koni adjustables)
as well as other bits done.

Slight imperfections:
front passengers seat cover has been restitched due to an air bag going off all parts changed after clipping a curb and a customer service battle with renault !! however i never got round to getting new cover as the restitched one is fine.
Right steering wheels thumb grip has become abit worn.

Her plus points:
Fantastic car to drive and no expense spared with every single receipt that vouch for that!!
in lovely condition the odd stone chip but not too many as the bonnet and bumper was resprayed last year because she had quite a few.
Clio sport enthusisat owner.

She has had my private plate on for last 2 years. Always v-power or tesco 99ron.

Only ever had two dings...all me lol
1st - When i first got her i was doing the typical playing on the ice in the car park and cracked the front bumper and head light on the post, as a precaution i had a new sub frame put in as well just for peace of mind.

2nd - Clipped and curb on xmas eve 2007 and deployed the side passenger seat airbag only which has been replaced ecu cleared etc etc

None of the damage is insurance reg so the car is NOT CAT D!!

I've been as truthful as i can guys will post pics when she is clean but any thoughts

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Got to be worth 3500 of anyones money.Stick it up for nearly 4000 and see what happens.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I checked the autotrader and saw high miler 172's on an 02 for this price,hence my price.You may however get more

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If you advertise it in the right place and say its enthusiast owned you may get a good deal

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I am looking for a 172 currently and based on my findings i think high 3's are about right. Low milers are going for mid 4's and younger higher milers the same.

As suggested i would put it up for 4300 with the view of attempting to get 4k.

True.

Just hope that rclio2006 doesn't see this thread, as he'll say it's worth a normal sized twix & a packet of skittles :rolleyes:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I was you, i'd be trying to get £4k for it. Sounds well looked after.

I've just bought a couple of them and some of the heaps that are for sale with no cambelt changes, no history, mashed wheels etc is unreal. If its been well looked after, someone will pay a little more for peace of mind. I did.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
"It's worth £3.79, and that's IF it's had the belts done. It's what they go for nowadays..."

Guess who... :rasp:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
id go for the psycological edge and 3999£ myself as 85k will scare people, even though its not overly high for age.

if they see a 40k miles one at 4750 or yours at 4300, they will expect to get the 40k mile one for around your price, therefore 3999 will give you an advantage over older ph1 models and probably make it an easier sale.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
i know its shite matey, but probably help a bit with the sale.

unbelievable how s**t the market is though!!

172 Cup 2003
true but there is two sides to every coin and the type r's i've been looking are coming down so guess it's not all doom and gloom

172 Cup 2003
no mate i'm after a ctr in cosmic grey! really like it my mate has jus t got a nighthawk. but my 172 is black so done that