ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any marshals on here?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Is anyone involved in motorsport marshalling at all? I've been a member of British Motorsport Marshals Club for 5 years. I go to various rallies around the country and occasional race meetings at Oulton Park.
Its a great way to get close to the action and also help with running of an event. All MSA motorsport events need marshals for the event to run.
You can either join an MSA affiliated motor club or jion the marshals club or BARC to get involved.
Most motor clubs run rallies of some sort or assist other clubs that run a rally.
For instance the Malcolm Wilson stages in Grizedale is marshalled from various sources, local clubs and BMMC/BRMC members.
If anyone is at all curious about marshalling there is www.volunteersinmotorsport.co.uk for all the information and links to all the different types of events.
Often there are events at race circuits that are struggling for marshal coverage and some have been cancelled due to lack of safety personnel.
You can even marshal abroad if you so desire once you are MSA registered. All MSA marshals carry a licence issued by the MSA which is signed by the chief marshal at each event you attend to keep record of your experience. Also training is carried out annually all over the country and its free. Its a very good idea to attend training sessions as you are taught how to deal with all incidents and fire fighting and basic first aid.
Please take a look at the website and if you've never considered marshalling before, then give it some thought.
I got hooked 5 years ago and absolutely love getting out there and helping. Its far more interesting than just being a spectator.:D

S1RST/205GTI
Always marshall on Road Rallies unless you know a crew who can give you some speccie info:) ,but got to put something back into the sport before i start competing:D

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ive always fancied it tbh, never knew where to start tho.

Octavia vRS tfsi
Ive always fancied it tbh, never knew where to start tho.

Email the Club organising the event asking for the marshal meet points and times, turn up, be given your corner, marshal for the day!

Really is as easy as that.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Right. Some links for anyone to get into marshalling. www.bmmc.co.uk , British Motorsport Marshals Club, www.volunteersinmotorsport.co.uk . Either of these will take you to information about marshalling for most types of motorsport. The other option is join a motor club. I mentioned these in my previous thread.
Get yourself to the Autosport show at the NEC next year, this is the event of the year for all motorsport afficianadoes and petrolheads. The marshals club always has a stand there.
If you want to marshal on a stage rally join a motorclub or the rally marshals club, which is part of the BMMC. Once you've joined up the BRMC your name goes on the database for marshals and you'll get emails appealling for volunteers for the various rallies all over the country and the relevant contacts to volunteer.
The rest is up to you. All depends how much time you have to go out on events. Warning, it becomes addictive!

^^^ Agree with above.

I started marshalling in January - love it! Every benefit of being a spectator... plus: free entry, (usually) free food, closer to the action.

Titanium 182 FF
I had a go at marshalling ago at thruxton with the dunlop great and british event,would try it again and although i like all forms of motorsport my real passion is in historics.:)