ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any one ever bought one of these ??

BG 182 FF
+1 iirc the 182 manifold was already different from the 172 as well as the exhaust system. So buy a decat if you want and save £££'s

182, 6r GTi
the 182 manifold is already a 4-2-1 so there wouldn't be a point and at least with a Renault manifold you know that the exhaust you but will fit unlike with an 'aftermarket' item

i did comment on them once , the xs power stuff used to have crap welds and cracked, mainly on turbo applications as it got so hot ! would of thouht it would of been fine on a clio though , you cant really improve on the 182 manifold , hence why there are next to none out there (after market ones)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
exactly, Supposedly that s how Renault got some extra bhp out of the 182.

182's are even more under powered than 172's :) Likewise 197's are even more underpowered than 182's, unsure on 200's as im yet to see any on the same rollers that we have had 20+ 182's/172's on.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
182's are even more under powered than 172's :) Likewise 197's are even more underpowered than 182's, unsure on 200's as im yet to see any on the same rollers that we have had 20+ 182's/172's on.

We had a rr day where a couple of stardish cups made 170bhp, my standardish 182 made 175bhp. So pretty standard results. The 200 that came made 180bhp!

It hadn't done that many miles tbf, just a few k.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ye, so the 182's are more underpowered that 172's then ;) Lol at the 200's result, we had 2 standard 197's make just under 180bhp.

I made 174 at ours, very happy with that :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ye, so the 182's are more underpowered that 172's then ;) Lol at the 200's result, we had 2 standard 197's make just under 180bhp.

I made 174 at ours, very happy with that :)

lol, I wasn't disputing that the 182's are more underpowered just showing what a 200 made in comparison, although non cup 172's made much less than the cups.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
lol, I wasn't disputing that the 182's are more underpowered just showing what a 200 made in comparison, although non cup 172's made much less than the cups.

Ye I was surprised by my result actually being a non cup, 172 cups are normally better I agree, I can only assume this is down to the lack of aircon.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Ye I was surprised by my result actually being a non cup, 172 cups are normally better I agree, I can only assume this is down to the lack of aircon.

Seen 2 silver cups with AC make over 182, both standard and both on days when 172's were making 170