ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any one ID this shell from Dieppe?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
067.jpg

There is a thread discussing the R27R on Renaultsport.co.uk and someone who went to the Dieppe trip took a picture of this.

Now the one in the air to me looks like a Clio v6 shell mk2.

The ones on the floor look like normal 197 shells to me also.

A few are getting a bit excited thinking something is in the pipeline down there... Anyone got any ideas? To me it just looks like an old mk2 shell out in the yard. lol Nothing more nothing less.

Mk4 .:R32
The rear wheel arch looks too big to be a normal mk 2 shell.

It could just be a Campus or something though.

its a vee shell thats for sure.

but there was DEFO stuff set in place for the R27Radical in dieppe, whether they go ahead is another matter

out of interest in the workshop they had a 197 and v6 with parts being chopped between the two (new vee?) or renault knowing theirs a factory visit and teasing people.

all the cars for the paris motorshow were being run through that day so there was a 197 on wheels never seen before/R26R's up in the air etc

truth is no1 except renault knows what they are going to do, especially with the current econoical situation

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It's a Mk2 V - check the front lighting area and the hole where the Mk1 aerial would be is missing

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not impossible at all Mk2 V up top.

R3/Cup racer shells downstairs.

Bear in mind the mk1 can be made to look like a mk2 with the right arches and bumper...

Hence my point it 'could' be a mk1 vee chassis.

But i would say it is a ph2!

Oh i know, but the inner wings and the lack of a hole for the ariel in the roof make it a mk2.
The 197 shells have holes for boot pins so they are destined for motorsport. (as boot pins on a road car would fail type approval)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Am i being pedantic, or is there no such thing as a MK1 v6's?????

I thought all v6's where Mk2, just whether they are ph1 or ph2