ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Samsung Galaxy owners?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi guys,

Basically got given a pretty decent condition S4 for a part exchange for a car I had.

I'm looking to sell this phone now as I am an Apple fanboy and have no use for it.

I've 'tested' it as much as I can, the only thing I haven't checked is that it's all working with a simcard in.

As you know, you can set this phone up without a simcard in and that's what I've done.

I did a CheckMend report and it's all come back clean etc.

The problem I'm facing at the minute is because the phone is apparently unlocked (CheckMend also shows this), I don't want to stick a SimCard in to test it as if it is anything like the iPhone, it locks to the network of sim - could someone confirm this?

ie; if I have an unlocked iPhone and the first sim I put in is 02, the handset will then lock to that network. Is it the same with the Galaxy?

Cheers.

JLK

1.2 Replica
No, every galaxy I have had does not lock to the sim. My s3 never did and that was on 3 and my s5 hasn't as I have 2 sims which I change around.