ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any1 know any plates that look like CLIO

haha, for future reference boyo, im goin to get a quote from bennetts 2morrow for the damage the chipsaway guy done, looks like im goin to have to fork out about 500 quid, ive tried everything, trading standards, head office etc etc absolutely gutted!

jesus mate sg!!! your going further and further down the crap line!

i would recommend McAleese in Troon, dukes road near safeway, guy is an artist, serious bodyshop, does a lot of work on bmws but also does any make, go down in the morning if ur able and see him

dont be put off when u see there are loads of bmws in the place, looks very upmarket, i was in and was a bit shall we say scared incase he said he wouldnt touch a clio but guy was sound, guy does the bmw dealership in irvines repair works and does up old bmws, i have seen some really dodgy work from sg, like car given this flip type paint but had yellow primer and when paint flaked off it looked awful

SG bodyworx seem to have gone up in the world lately - seen a few of their cars at crail and the likes tho when I phoned they WELL overquoted me and after a few swift words from rikki at strathycruise all was sorted - still didnt use - couldnt justify driving from edinburgh to ayr! POOP!

try Koncept developments in glasgow chick! the guy who owns it koni is a good laff and a fair guy like!

does a good job too!

OOOh and Ive found the number plate Im buying its only £399 inc transfer fee and its C110 DL (DL<---- my initials;))

Quote: Originally posted by SexyRT on 17 May 2003

SG bodyworx seem to have gone up in the world lately - seen a few of their cars at crail and the likes tho when I phoned they WELL overquoted me and after a few swift words from rikki at strathycruise all was sorted - still didnt use - couldnt justify driving from edinburgh to ayr! POOP!

try Koncept developments in glasgow chick! the guy who owns it koni is a good laff and a fair guy like!

does a good job too!

I agree with what you say about SG, they are getting better. But as far as Koncept go i wouldnt go near them. Ive seen what they can do and it aint pretty :cry:. Dont get me wrong, koni seems totally sound, I just think they have to get a bit more experience under their belt :(

well to be honest Ive known koni for years and hes been doing this stuff in his garage for YEARS!!!!!!!

fair play to him is what I say and with things like bodykit fitting etc parctice makes perfect tho I wouldnt like someone PRACTICING on my car....heehee

I got my bodykit fitted, sanded down, primed and resprayed for £168 in edinburgh and the guy done a corking job!

Definately practice makes perfect, its good hes got his own place at a young age - gives him a good chance to build up a reputation.

What kit did you take and where did you get it done?

p.s. i didnt think anyone else would be up at this time o night!

cheers for the replys folks, never heard of koncept before,as for sg bodyworx, i wouldnt take it there solely because the guy stuart is a fanny, its my sisters boyfriends uncle, and everytime ive been down to see him, he acts like he isnt at all interested and has no time to see you, im gonny pop down and see this guy in troon today, hopefully will give me decent quote

Tony

Let us know how you get on with the guy in troon Tiger, just for info as well, there is a tyre place up the road from there ran by a guy called Sam who is a real sound guy, their is a new unit getting built across from him just up from Safeway and he is going to be offering more than just tyres, not sure if its going to be a full garage or just like tyres, exhausts and mods

i went down 550+vat, im gettin it done, his work looks mint! i also saw a clio plate, c110 tr, tr being my initials, gettin purshased in a few weeks, does anyone think id get anything for my plate the now GAZ 6037?

its an impressive looking bodyshop the guy has, and i reckon the fact that he gets the bmw dealership in irvines work shows he is good, when you go down into the bodyshop the place looks professional as hell.

what did he say about the damage to your car?

not much, just to take it as one of these things, the wee pr!ck who done it will regret it though, i will leave it for a couple of months and pay his car and van a visit one night with some paint stripper or battery acid or some sh!t like that.