ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anybody f4r'd a mark 1

s1 williams/106gti
hey guys i dont know anyone personally who has attempted this so i turn to you .
im going for a ph1 172 engine with cable operated throttle body .
things i need to know work from the current set up [williams] i.e
loom,driveshafts,mounts etc and things i need to get from the donor vehicle. also any hints and tips.............
please only post if you are offering help and advice.
cheers, ant

top few threads of the projects section mate

im in the middle of writing a complete guide/how to for it all in conjunction with matteh, not sure when it will be finished though....

If you have any questions just PM me or matteh (sure he wont mind lol)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Matteh, geesus69, f0xy, Beaniemoo, whitely, me, Andyrg

These are all forum names, not a strange collection of real life names! lol!!

s1 williams/106gti
brilliant guys thanks . my main concern was wiring related . i have labeled everything up on the f7r loom just wondered if i can use the excisting loom and ecu or new bits and/or a combination . i havent received my 172 engine yet so have no way of looking for reference

combination of the 172 and Mk1 engine looms.....the PDF I wrote explains what connects to what...

The interior looms etc can remain as they already are on the Mk1 :)

s1 williams/106gti
awesome !!!!! thats the best news so far !!! .... im really busy with work FOxy any chance you can gimme the link so i dont have to trawl the site mate ??? all my spare time is spent getting the car ready

alien green rs133
andyrg? has a itb'd f4r in his valver... and it fecking shifts, was featured in pfc, its running ben-p's comp engine that was in his car at FCS

'92 172, Lotus Elise
don't forget the Godfather himself, Wayne!

if youre keeping the Williams front track, then keep the williams JC5 gearbox and driveshafts

bolt them to the 172 lump with a 172 flywheel/clutch (+soft clutch conversion)/starter motor

s1 williams/106gti
thats good because i was hoping to keep the gearbox at first anyway to keep the costs down .

s1 williams/106gti
Hello mate if u need any help add me to msn andyrg1983@hotmail.com

wahoo another f4r
this time its a williams ......... hence why this thread is on here and not the owners club cos i dont think its gonna go down too well as its a series 1 :eek:
thanks for all your help so far guys as it stands car is minus gearbox and ancillaries [god i hope thats spelt right] i have got pics on my phone but dont have internet at mine right now and im using friends computers to check this but i will upload when i get a chance...........anyone want an f7r ??? need the funds for the new engine.it runs and drives fine 123k on it

s1 williams/106gti
helpful as always mate . will join the forum in a bit ......... how much they normally go for ??

s1 williams/106gti
just a lil pic of the car in question that i have on photobucket..............
clean2.jpg