ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anybody got a big disc kit

clio 20v

any1 got hi-specs 285mm big disc kit on there clio, i think ktecs big disc kit is hi-spec stuff

mine turned up yesterday and i tried fitting em today theres no instructions with em but where the caliper is now only half the pad is clamping the disc

cant see it supposed to be like that wonderin if they sent me wrong bits or summat

ive put old 1s back on for the time being

adi

clio 20v

yeh thats how i had it

only half the pad is covered by the discs tho which i think is a bit sh*t is urs like that

adi

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

that surely cant be right.all the pad must cover the disc.get in touch with k-tec if i was you.

Clio 172 cup

When i got my big disks for my gt turbo, i was sent the wrong pads (bendix insted of girling) and the bolts for the caliper extensions were too f**king small! lol typical, nothings ever as easy as you want it!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Our 285mm disc kit is not made by Hi Spec, it is our own kit. With our kit the whole pad face comes in contact with the disc. This is how it should be. If not all of the pad surface is not touching the disc there is either something wrong with the kit (we dont have this problem with our kit) or the kit is not fitted correctly. Our kit for the 16v also comes with new caliper carriers which are needed to fit the kit to cars fitted with the 259mm discs as standard.

If it is our kit you have please call us and I will see what we can do for you.

Raiderman, if we sent you the wrong pads and the bolts were too long I apologise and I hope you got the parts fitted OK in the end.

David.

Clio 172 cup

David

sorry mate i failed to mention that i bought the Kit from rally design not your company, apparently they had so many problems with there kit that they no longer sell it for the R5 or gt turbo

clio 20v

Quote: Originally posted by K-Tec Racing on 10 January 2004

Our 285mm disc kit is not made by Hi Spec, it is our own kit. With our kit the whole pad face comes in contact with the disc. This is how it should be. If not all of the pad surface is not touching the disc there is either something wrong with the kit (we dont have this problem with our kit) or the kit is not fitted correctly. Our kit for the 16v also comes with new caliper carriers which are needed to fit the kit to cars fitted with the 259mm discs as standard.

If it is our kit you have please call us and I will see what we can do for you.

Raiderman, if we sent you the wrong pads and the bolts were too long I apologise and I hope you got the parts fitted OK in the end.

David.

i wish i had bought urs now its took me a month to get these i bought em direct from hi-spec i dont suppose uve got any pics i could look at to see where im going wrong or wots wrong

what is actually diff with the caliper carriers that you do and could u sell me them seperately if they will go on with the kit ive got

adi

adi

That doesnt surprise me much then, I had the 4 pot big brake kit that I ordered direct from Hi-spec and the pads were overhanging the edge of the disc. Was a complete pain getting a refund from them as well - had to go through trading standards and the credit card company to get it!

If you want any other pics of my set-up Ill see what I can do - I think the hub/brakes on the dynamique are the same as the 16v.

ive got Ktecs and it went on perfectly, took no time at all, and everything fitted perfect. even sprayed the caliper carriers for me....

Quote: Originally posted by adiclio16v on 10 January 2004

any1 got hi-specs 285mm big disc kit on there clio, i think ktecs big disc kit is hi-spec stuff

mine turned up yesterday and i tried fitting em today theres no instructions with em but where the caliper is now only half the pad is clamping the disc

cant see it supposed to be like that wonderin if they sent me wrong bits or summat

ive put old 1s back on for the time being

adi
Thats the same problem Ive had.

You should get the caliper carriers from a 5 GTT, then itll fit perfectly.