ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody split door handles (mk2 ph1)

FF RB 182
Just got some door handles which gaz is going to colour code for me. Was wondering if anybody split them so that they could spray them properly? If so, did you knock the pin which the spring is around out?

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Dont think you can 'cos the bar/pin is pressed to stop the door handle moving side to side so you'd damage it by sliding it out.

Best way i can think of is lots of carefull masking and a matchstick to hold it open?

Let me know if you manage to split the handle without damaging though.

FF RB 182
Hmmm, only other option is maybe to try and remove the spring from one half, so that it doesn't snap shut.

RB 182 Cup
yeah you have to take the pins out and the spring etc. The 100% come apart and go back together as i done this when i sprayed my old mk2

TT 225
i just removed the spring. left the pin in. though this was the best way as it sits nice and stable when you come to spray it. i sanded mine down...then sold them DOH!