ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3dr Passenger Door Allignment

Renault Clio
Hi all hope someone can help,

I was recently hit into at some speed (30/40mph) directly at my car door. (Attached photos of before B1287D45.....) but over the weekend I fitted a new one.

From the impact I am guessing the pins which hold the door on have been moved maybe 3-5mm from their original position. The door fits and shuts after I adjusted the position of the door catch thing on the actual body of the car.

However towards the wheel arch there is a noticeable gap where the door isn't properly aligned (attached photo DF9CAEF8..... not a great photo but you can see the large gap)

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew ways which I could get the alignment any better than what it is, given that the holes for the pins are on a mound of metal I feel like just hitting them isn't going to get me very far.

I am not hugely fussed about it as like I said the door shuts as it should, it would just be nice to have it restored as flush as possible.

Many thanks

Attachments

• DF9CAEF8-3B64-40D2-A4D3-9135048651C9.jpeg
    DF9CAEF8-3B64-40D2-A4D3-9135048651C9.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 32