ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody taken a dealer to court

As the subject says! Having problems with my motor and have written a letter (on the advice of CAB) but the dealer has only offered to look into the problem further which I have already turned down.

I guess the next thing is to take it to court :confused: so I am looking for advice. I guess I need to speak to a good consumer law solicitor but I am hoping that the recent changes to the law will make it easier to win. Any help people can offer would be appreciated.

Keith

FRS Mk3 Red edition

keith

depending on your circumstances with the car, get trading standards involved, write an official letter rejecting the car, e-mail autoexpress watchdog, and get ready for a fight.

i managed to reject a VW last year but it was a god almighty fight and would not relish the thought of doing it again.

if you wish i can forward some examples of letters that i sent to VW while fighting my case.send me an e-mail mailto:styuart.horne@sabroe.co.uk">stuart.horne@sabroe.co.uk and ill send you the info.

should have kept the CTR!!!!!

:sick: Worst descision I have ever made getting rid of the CTR. Stuart you have mail. Looking for a nice ATR now though! If I can only get a replacement car to trade in with !!

Keith

GR7

Shiny red R32

ST HORNE

Were you the guy featured in the Auto Express a while back, when you had a replacement car?

FRS Mk3 Red edition

unfortunately i have to sell my CTR due to a company car and the CTR just sits in the garage gathering dust.was supposed to advertise this week but once again accidentally-on-purpose i missed the autotrader deadline.

FRS Mk3 Red edition

i was featured approx 12 months ago but i got a full refund on the car, they would not give me a replacement car at all.fortunately i didnt have to have a picture taken of myself they just used a library picture of a lupo GTI,which was a relief.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why dont you put it on the online Auto Trader? You can do that at anytime.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Stu its chris who had ur punto - Ill look after the CTR for u for a bit if ya want!

FRS Mk3 Red edition

think i will get a better response if its goes in the book, plus it gives me another week of looking at the car when i fetch my beer from the garage.

Paul, the problem is that it is to bloody slow ;). A week or so after I picked it up I was getting problems where the rev counter would drop and after that the instrument panel would give warning sounds and report brake errors when excellerating.

Now because of this and two attempts to correct it (without sucess) I dont really have any confidence in the car and what the problem is. (I would hate to think the brakes were at fault when people just keep saying it is the instrument panel). So i no longer have any confidence in the car and want a replacement. Spoke to the dealer today after sending a letter explaing this and he said he is happy to look at my car again but not replace it. I explained he can look at it but not at my expense/inconvenience when he gives me a replacement.

Wheres the number for Honda? Cant really trade the car in until resolved now or I would just go do that but what little concience I have stops me just passing the problem on :(

Were you at the silverlink on Sunday? Saw a silver MKII on turnis and also a cup/

Keith.

FRS Mk3 Red edition

griff

she sold them the following night, lost the mobile in the kitchen mess @ the mo so couldnt ring you.

coming over this week?

keith

if they have attempted to cure the problem and still cannot resolve it you do have a good case to reject.i would see the dealer principle and try and get an agreement that they have one more attempt at fixing it and if that fails a replacement should be made available.

Im trying to reject my car at the moment, as the dealer has not cured paintwork faults within an acceptable time frame (in my case, 3 weeks from purchase). Ive had an offer from the General Manager to have the car fixed now, but I wanted it fixed 3 weeks ago so Im going down the rejection route.

It depends as to how long youve owned the vehicle as all cases hinge on whether youve accepted the car or not. I pointed out problems on day 1 and Im now rejecting as the work has not been done.

Good luck, but be aware that it may take a big fight :(

Have decided to give them one more chance, I suppose I am in a better postition if they fail again to push once more for a replacement. Looks like I am getting a SW or something in replace for the time being, although the GTI 180 outside today may get a mention as a courtesy car for a few days. ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by BikeMan on 28 July 2003

Im trying to reject my car at the moment, as the dealer has not cured paintwork faults within an acceptable time frame (in my case, 3 weeks from purchase). Ive had an offer from the General Manager to have the car fixed now, but I wanted it fixed 3 weeks ago so Im going down the rejection route.

It depends as to how long youve owned the vehicle as all cases hinge on whether youve accepted the car or not. I pointed out problems on day 1 and Im now rejecting as the work has not been done.

Good luck, but be aware that it may take a big fight :(

I thought you have at least three months or more in which to reject your car!

Dealers will go to the ends of the earth to try and prevent you from rejecting it. If this is what you want to do, then just send them a letter (keeping a copy) telling them that you are formally rejecting it for whatever the reason is, having given them ample time to sort the problems.