ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone any experience with AP Coilovers

172 + 350z
So my current car 172 Cup is running standard cup shocks and apex springs and compared to my old 172 which was on cheap raceland coilovers it just doesn't feel as solid, literally no roll on the old car. I just want the car to handle well and a friend has suggested AP Coilovers as he has them on his car.
They are £450 new from the site here:
http://www.apcoilovers.com/ap_coilover_details.php?id=143

I was thinking of just getting the cooksport lowering springs but always seem to be out of stock and fancy having a slightly lower stance.

Any comments welcome as a bit undecided at the moment.

BG 182, BMW 320d
I had AP coilovers on my Fiesta ST, I know its not the same car but they were pretty good for cheap, they gave decent ride quality and lows and sharpened up the handling a little bit. But maybe worth getting some second hand ones from a better brand. Message someone called chi on here was mentioning to me he had a set of Gaz coilovers that had recently come back from a refurb.

172 + 350z
I had AP coilovers on my Fiesta ST, I know its not the same car but they were pretty good for cheap, they gave decent ride quality and lows and sharpened up the handling a little bit. But maybe worth getting some second hand ones from a better brand. Message someone called chi on here was mentioning to me he had a set of Gaz coilovers that had recently come back from a refurb.

Thanks for your reply and advice.
I did look at gaz but someone had advised they are not as good as they are made out to be and his rear shocks just gave up. I suppose if these have just come back from a refurb should be in good nick.
Be good to hear from someone who has either fitted to a clio :)

Black Gold 182FF
Again, not a Clio but I had them on a Mk1 Fabia vRS (the heavy 1.9 TDI one). They were "OK", but a bit crashy/harsh/whatever. The fronts were most of the way down and the rears were right down with the adjusters taken out (so maybe 8-10mm lower than they're specced for?).

Personally I think my current Clio (which I think is on Raceland coilovers from what I've been told) rides a lot nicer (while still being pretty firm) than the Fabia did on APs, but I dunno how it compares to a Clio on APs.

BG 182, BMW 320d
Thanks for your reply and advice.
I did look at gaz but someone had advised they are not as good as they are made out to be and his rear shocks just gave up. I suppose if these have just come back from a refurb should be in good nick.
Be good to hear from someone who has either fitted to a clio :)

No worries. Yeah i heard that, i know a friend had them on his 182, It was stripped out and track ready but the adjustability of them made them fine for road use, he had them on a rock hard setting for ages but they were great once he made them softer, he had them on his for a good 7 months no problems before the car was sold. But ask around sure someone can point you in the right direction.