ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone connected their Wii via Netgear Wireless Router ??

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Originally the router was set to channel 6 which im sure the wii has issues with. I set it to channel 11 but still not connecting.

What you might try is disable all encryption and try to get it connected before then once its working reenable the encryption.

Citroen DS3 DSport
No probs at all with my WPN824 wireless router. Connected first time even with full security settings activated.

My router is using modes 'g and b', channel 11, WPA-PSK + WPA2-PSK with a passphrase.

VW ....
Thanks for your help folks but still having no luck :(

My wii connects fine to me netgear with WPA security.

are you running a DG834GT router ?

If so what channel are you running ?

How close is your Wii to the router ?

My DS would only work with passphrase encryption (WPA-PSK), not WEP. Try that.

was orginally on WPA which wasn't working so changed to WEP which hasn't made any difference .... if i change these do i need to reboot router after to make changes take effect ?

Cheers

Revels Mum & Sister
DG834 here.

WEP Enabled and its fine. You tried the latest firmware update from Netgear site fella?

VW ....
DG834 here.

WEP Enabled and its fine. You tried the latest firmware update from Netgear site fella?

Had a look at update m8 ... i have version 1.02.28 & the latest version on site is
1.02.04 so i must have the latest .

I will mess again with it tomorrow :mad:

Fiesta ST
i'll have a look at my settings when i get home - i'm sure its just on the default channel - distance is a few rooms away.

You haven't got Mac address filtering on have you?

Revels Mum & Sister
DG834 here.

Had a look at update m8 ... i have version 1.02.28 & the latest version on site is
1.02.04 so i must have the latest .

I will mess again with it tomorrow :mad:

You havent got a BETA firmware on there have you? If so revert back to the proper released one.

As the lad said above. Make sure MAc address filtering isnt on. Or if it is allow the MAC address for the Wii