ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else just can't get on with Apple Macs?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
WHAT?! Why do the yanks think because I'm British I want the @ on Shift+2 but don't want a hash symbol?!? At times the decisions Apple makes confuse the living s**t out of me.

I use the hash symbol thousands of times more than I do the pound symbol.

YMMV.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
#hashtagwanker? ;)

#if defined(C_PROGRAMMER)
#include "usehashesallthetime.h"
#endif

;)

I can't remember the last time I actually used a pound symbol. If I refer to a value I usually refer to it as 100gbp etc.

Pound keys suck.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Everyone can use windows, but a lot of people can't use apples. That definitely says something about how apple's products aren't as good. The performance may be better, i don't know because i can't stay on one long enough to find out, but it's evidently not very inclusive.

I disagree. The general public will be exposed to MS products a lot more the Apple. That, IMO, is the reason they will initially be unsure of how it works.

Tesla MP3 2021
You are tech moron don't forget ;)

He now has Office on his Mac so that should keep him quiet for a bit!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If Apple OS was the mainstream norm, then people wouldnt be able to get their heads around Microsoft and Windows. Kids who have no (or very little) MS experience can get on with IPads easily. The only thing which threw me with an MBP was the two touch on the pad to equal a right click.

Tesla MP3 2021
If Apple OS was the mainstream norm, then people wouldnt be able to get their heads around Microsoft and Windows. Kids who have no (or very little) MS experience can get on with IPads easily. The only thing which threw me with an MBP was the two touch on the pad to equal a right click.

That can be changed in the settings :)

Never above 25mpg
So easy to use a Mac! Brought up on Windows since 1999, first proper use of a Mac was after buying one in December! Brilliant devices, just need to buy a magic mouse now as I'm a bit stuck on MS office things without one!