ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else with Virgin latency issues (Slow internet)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
My virgin media broadband is shocking so I did a speed test at it was ok, then I did a ping to google's DNS server 8.8.8.8

These are the results!

11950436044_a5379ffa85_z.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 17.33.18 by sbridgey, on Flickr

I am on wifi but seriously that is awful!

Anyone else having issues?

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive had speed issues this past week, usually my 120mb connection is 90-100 at most times, sometimes its actually over 120mb, best ive had in the last few days has been 60mb at 6am, at peak times its been as bad as 10mb

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeah if we put it back in superhub mode and ping again, the second someone uses the internet the ping latency go through the roof.

I went with Virgin a few years ago, worst decision ever!! It always cuts out at certain times, usually on 17 mins past the hour. I'm going to get rid of it. It's toss.

Mini JCW
Virgins peformance is underwhelming in my experience. The throttling back at peak times is f*cking annoying.

Always down while they perform upgrades in the area too. Latency is hit and miss, using a variety of routers - currently using an Apple airport extreme.

Definitely going to BT Infinity for unlimited downloaded data aswell as reasonable upload speeds.

Clio 172mk2
Mines not gone down in a long time, speed and everything is fine.

You dont get throttling on the xxl pack, but ye when i had lower package once bloody annoying

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have the original super hub and it was shocking, Dumped it into modem mode and then connected a 5th Gen Apple Airport Extreme and the signal / speed is good and I'm happy with the performance I'm getting. The only problem i have is sometimes Youtube plays up and takes ages to load but other than that its all good.

Polo + Micra
i did realise the have changed there traffic managment again.

don't think i'd notice going from 60Mb to 50.4Mb lol

Clio 172mk2
there traffic management when I had it was if you downloaded 4gb in a sat, @ 4 meg a sec, they then cut it down to 1meg a sec download for rest of day.

So used to be a big drop.

The superhub 2 i have is fine, range of it is a but poor compared to my old dlink so i use both on seperate sides of house