ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone elses doors/pillars seem to rattle?

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Dunno if im only one with this issue (i doubt it tbh!) but there is a VERY annoying rattle that sounds like loose panels or a stray bolt coming from BOTH sides of the car and it sounds to be in the vicinity of the door pillars or the door itself (it sounds to come from near my right ear tbh) and is very noticeable when the car goes over even the slightest bump or blemish in the road..... anyone else have this problem and hopefully a solution as to what and where it is and what to do! lol
Many thanks folks! :star:

2001 1.2 Clio
Cant say ive had the same problem thankfully, i know my door did rattle but got the wheels aligned and seemed to stop most off the rattling.

Oil Burner
I had what i thought was a door rattle, but actually turned out to be the toggle switch on the audio remote rattling. (spent months taking door trim off trying to find this rattle).

I did once not put the door pillar trim on correctly and one of the pressure clip things didnt locate and that rattled pretty well.

172 Cup
Try popping off the plastic trim on the pillar just behind the seat, the yellow plastic lug at the top only just grabs the trim - blob some glue in there and see if it cures it?? Mine keeps coming loose on the pass side and makes a nasty rattle!

Clio 172mk2
mine does it but cant find where bouts it rattles its hard holding the panel whilst driving.

just thought it might be the seat belt

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Try popping off the plastic trim on the pillar just behind the seat, the yellow plastic lug at the top only just grabs the trim - blob some glue in there and see if it cures it?? Mine keeps coming loose on the pass side and makes a nasty rattle!

Nice one mate ill try that tommorow!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
daft question but how do i get that panel off (the one above and below the seat belt.....it seems to have a LOT of play in it and doesnt look to be a tight fit :-s shoddily made crap ha ha

ph1 black 172
i have the same issue. mine is the upright trim on the door(up the side of the window) they rattle and squeek. not sorted it yet but glue idea is a good one.