ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone for a £25k corsa ?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
Wowsers. I always thought these looked alright, wheel aside. I suppose it's a case of "find another" in terms of the mileage and condition, as they were never that common. I would imagine it's a pretty small market compared to for Novas and things though.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they were never that common.

Understandable, when you could go and get yourself a lovely Clio Williams, 106/306 Rallye, 306 S16 or even a late model RS Turbo.

Someone walked into Vauxhall and asked for a bodykitted Corsa with a 100hp engine in it. AND they wanted it in silver.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
Understandable, when you could go and get yourself a lovely Clio Williams, 106/306 Rallye, 306 S16 or even a late model RS Turbo.

Someone walked into Vauxhall and asked for a bodykitted Corsa with a 100hp engine in it. AND they wanted it in silver.

Would have thought these would have been up against cars like the Fiesta XR2i/Si and 106 XSI more than the cars you mentioned, so might be a bit of a harsh comparison.

Vauxhalls were rarely the best handling cars, but the engines were often pretty good. They had a massive following in the '80s and '90s, so that's what will decide if this is worth the money or not. Nostalgia can be a powerful drug.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would have thought these would have been up against cars like the Fiesta XR2i/Si and 106 XSI more than the cars you mentioned, so might be a bit of a harsh comparison.

So according to Parkers the price when new for the GSI Corsa was £11,635

Also according to Parkers, it's competition:

£10,070 106 Rallye
£10,275 Fiesta Si
£10,283 106 XSi
£10,566 Fiesta XR2i
£11,635 Corsa GSi
£11,730 Fiesta RS Turbo
£13,275 Clio Williams

The Mk3 Fezza was released in 1995, but there wasn't a sporty version till the 1999 facelift.
Maybe Vauxhall hoped that compared to the Mk2 Fiesta, the Corsa would look more modern and appealing, people wouldn't notice the price difference so much?