ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sach trophy suspension.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Leon Cupra
How much are these worth? Have no idea on values of used Trophy shocks. Also how much does it usually cost for them to be refurbed?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
£500 seems expensive for the condition theyre in. I assume priced like that due to rarity more than anything. Personally I wouldn’t bother unless you wanted a spare pair for your trophy. I didn’t overly rate them

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much are these worth? Have no idea on values of used Trophy shocks. Also how much does it usually cost for them to be refurbed?
£700+ to refurb from what I've read, haven't seen anyone quote a number from a rebuild recently though, trophy owners feel free to chime in.
Last set of these that went up on here in need of a rebuild were on for £200, albeit only the front shocks.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Leon Cupra
Cheers! I presume being a full set the rear dampers can also be refurbished too or are they just a consumable .

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
£700+ to refurb from what I've read, haven't seen anyone quote a number from a rebuild recently though, trophy owners feel free to chime in.
Last set of these that went up on here in need of a rebuild were on for £200, albeit only the front shocks.

Think I paid around £1400 for a full rebuild at BG a year or two ago, seals, rods, reservoirs, powder coated etc.

would be better spent on a proper set of coilovers imo :ROFLMAO:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Leon Cupra
Geez, I thought it’d be expensive, but not THAT expensive. Do they come back to you as good as new?

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
Geez, I thought it’d be expensive, but not THAT expensive. Do they come back to you as good as new?

Haven’t got any decent pics off the car but yes, they looked brand new.

I paid a bit extra to have the reservoirs replaced so you could change the damping so that would have saved a few hundred quid, but either way, not cheap.

IMG_2639.jpeg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  T.Turbo
£500 seems expensive for the condition theyre in. I assume priced like that due to rarity more than anything. Personally I wouldn’t bother unless you wanted a spare pair for your trophy. I didn’t overly rate them

Sold my old front sachs for £700 in similar condition, no springs or top mounts and needed refurb. £500 is cheap for a full set with springs.

From what Haswell said he wasnt impressed with them either, reckons the bilstein b14s that are fitted now are just as good, if not better.

EthanMenace

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2010 Clio 200 Cup
I think the sachs dampers are massively overhyped, they were better than standard cup suspension but a set of coilovers would 100% be a lot better (much cheaper too)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
There’s no point in buying them unless you own a trophy. They’re troublesome, expensive and honestly not that great. I’ve had trophy, 172, 172 cup. The 172 cup handled miles better than all

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the sachs dampers are massively overhyped, they were better than standard cup suspension.
Nail on the head.

They were designed to outperform standard cup suspension. No more. No less.

The driving dynamics of these older vehicles are distinct and reflective of their era.

So many get ruined by trying to modernise them. Just buy something more modern.

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy Rs265
Like someone said earlier, there really only any good to a Trophy owner as a spare set and you would then need to pay for the refurb doing on the front’s at some point, I paid £2300 for a complete new set - Front / Rear plus springs all round and new top mounts in 2021.
However I’m sure someone will jump in and take them before the auction finishes even if it’s just to say they have a complete car.

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpeg
    IMG_0939.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2317.jpeg
    IMG_2317.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2334.jpeg
    IMG_2334.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2693.jpeg
    IMG_2693.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what Haswell said he wasnt impressed with them either, reckons the bilstein b14s that are fitted now are just as good, if not better.

You mean a shock absorber designed 20 years ago is bettered by a modern unit??

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You mean a shock absorber designed 20 years ago is bettered by a modern unit??

I think that's what alot of people are missing...

Of course modern stuff is going to be better. To me the Sachs are good for the Clio and what they do so well if b road driving, soaking up the bumps and giving feel/control.