ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone good with body wrap?

mk1 ph2 clio
Im replicating my clio to a rally car, the original was half yellow (back) and blue at the other half (front) my clios blue so only need the yellow applying.
If i supply the vinyl is there anyone on here who could sort the vinyl to be applied as a body wrap?

106 GTI
Nope :)

Just stick it on, if its a rally replica it wont matter if its rough, have you seen most rally cars up close...

mk1 ph2 clio
Nope :)

Just stick it on, if its a rally replica it wont matter if its rough, have you seen most rally cars up close...

na i havnt mate, arent they done very well ?
i was thinkin about gettin some of the yellow and givin it a go myself probably worth a try to save the $$ and if i f*ck it up (which is quite likely) ill get it done properly

106 GTI
na i havnt mate, arent they done very well ?
i was thinkin about gettin some of the yellow and givin it a go myself probably worth a try to save the $$ and if i f*ck it up (which is quite likely) ill get it done properly

Sounds a plan, just remember to work from the edge. Any air bubble can be popped with a pin

mk1 ph2 clio
Sounds a plan, just remember to work from the edge. Any air bubble can be popped with a pin

nice one, anythin else ?
what else is likely to f*ck up?
gna order some black for the roof and lay that down first see how that goes, then ill give the rest a go

:race:

mk1 ph2 clio
try youtube for vids and just watch how they do it

just watched a few and it looks easy enough
think it'd look alright without the yellow?
if i fail with the yellow i might just stick to the door numbers and sponsor decals, think itd look alrite?

i was gonna go euro but fancied doing something a bit different, once the vinyls down all i need is some new alloys and a couple of bucket seats. got a roll cage waitin to go in aswell but not gonna bother til iv got buckets so can strip out and finish all the interior in one

106 GTI
as with anything, can only tell what itl be like towards the final stages of completion.

Could look amazing, or could look like a trajedy

mk1 ph2 clio
as with anything, can only tell what itl be like towards the final stages of completion.

Could look amazing, or could look like a trajedy

haha yeah

im gettin white wolfrace octane rims with a black rim
its lowered on coilovers

spraying the mirrors, brake calipers/drums and front bonnet badge yellow
centre caps on the alloys yellow
and most of the stickers are yellow, theres about 70/80, not going to use them all obviously but think it could look better yellow, which is also original rally colour for the clio

if it does look sh!t, its not like it'd be a big problem to get it back to normal.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
3494233813_e3495d5b40.jpg

Let me know how it goes, interested to see more yellow stuff :)

mk1 ph2 clio
3494233813_e3495d5b40.jpg

Let me know how it goes, interested to see more yellow stuff :)

Mines a mk1 ph2 but will pretty much look like yours except for the model, looks very smart. Gonna try and not over-do it with the stickers/yellow tho ! Does it turn a lot more heads with the yellow ?

mk1 ph2 clio
Mines a mk1 ph2 but will pretty much look like yours except for the model, looks very smart. Gonna try and not over-do it with the stickers/yellow tho ! Does it turn a lot more heads with the yellow ?

also is it broom yellow? and if it is where would you recommend gettin it from
cheers

133, 182, Kangoo 182
also is it broom yellow? and if it is where would you recommend gettin it from
cheers
Yeah it's Fiat Broom Yellow. I got it from Halfords... ready mixed cans.

Yeah often get people looking at it, pointing etc. Could be for many reasons (loud exhaust, tw*t driving, etc lol) but more than likely something to do with the yellow. Whether they like it or not is another thing..

mk1 ph2 clio
Yeah it's Fiat Broom Yellow. I got it from Halfords... ready mixed cans.

Yeah often get people looking at it, pointing etc. Could be for many reasons (loud exhaust, tw*t driving, etc lol) but more than likely something to do with the yellow. Whether they like it or not is another thing..

yeah i like the yellow, think ill nip down to halfords in next few days (if it passes mot) and get a few cans. cant beat nice cheap mods like this