ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a bike rack for their 182?

As per title really...

If anyone has a bike rack for a 182 (mark 2 phase 2), can you tell me where you got it from, and what it is?!

I tried to get one for my x reg 1.2, but no luck :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I always wanted one for the time i had my 172 and 182.

Never got round to it though.

I think thule or something like that do a good one

If I can, Id prefer a boot rear mounted carrier (ie. attached to the boot) So I can eaily take the whole rack off when Im not carrying my bike.

But then, I have no idea what im taking about! Which would be easier? A roof mounted, or boot mounted?

And for those who have a roof mounted....are the bars easy to take off when you're not carrying a bike?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
bars take literally 5 mins to unscrew off. I dont like the boot ones as they gubb your view and also can damage the paint, also means using the boot isnt an option!!

iv got spare bars and the footpack kit if you want it

clio 1.2 16v,
i have one for my 1.2 16v well i have too.

i have a heavy downhill bike so it does weigh it down allot! i have a hollywood bike rack i got given it as a levaing present when i left my previous job in abike shop.

avenier do a nice for a clio but your looking at 129.99

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Seats down and in the boot for me. Otherwise I've seen a nice 172 Cup in Wales a couple of times which has a towbar style rack fitted. These racks are by far the best anyway.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
RENAULT Harmony bars and a thule 591 job done

s5030045ok6.jpg

^^ That looks alright!

The only thing is, my mate picked me up yesterday for a ride, and I think he has the same rack as you. BUT my Scott Ransom wouldnt go up on the rack because that bar thingy that comes up wouldnt fit through the frame :(

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
^^ That looks alright!

The only thing is, my mate picked me up yesterday for a ride, and I think he has the same rack as you. BUT my Scott Ransom wouldnt go up on the rack because that bar thingy that comes up wouldnt fit through the frame :(

yeah i think 80-90mm is the thickest tube it will clamp my trek fuel frame just fits nicely!

FF 182 w/cup packs
haven't got one now, but using the car and bike tomorrow, so will take a pic then and post it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
No need for a bike rack, a pain to keep fitting and removing, and terrible on fuel consumption. Save yourself the money

I've been putting my bikes in the back of my Clio's for over 5years now, and in the back of my 5 turbo. get one of those boot guards that lay on the boot floor then up the back of the rear seats for £20ish from halfords, drop the rear seats and 2large DH bikes, wheels and full kit fit in there fine.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
i'm not a fan of the boot mounted ones,you need the high level one to be legal as the lower ones block the back lights so by law require tail light board,the one i had pulled the bumper down on my missus fabia vrs

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
No need for a bike rack, a pain to keep fitting and removing, and terrible on fuel consumption. Save yourself the money

I've been putting my bikes in the back of my Clio's for over 5years now, and in the back of my 5 turbo. get one of those boot guards that lay on the boot floor then up the back of the rear seats for £20ish from halfords, drop the rear seats and 2large DH bikes, wheels and full kit fit in there fine.

+1
I have had 2 bikes, 2 people and enough crap to last a week no problem.

Megane 225+
I carry a bike every week - 50min round trip
I've done the rear rack
I've done the in-the-back
IMO Roof rack is so much better - if your doing it regular
The other Thule rack - front wheel removed from bike - very secure
camera095-1.jpg

Elise 111R

You cant have a bike rack due to the spolier and putting it inside can cause trouble such as scratched seats i.e. the back of the front seats. So be careful if your going down that route.

My Orange Five sits inside fine though putting on the Thule pre built roof rack and getting it up there takes 10 mins and is perfect for short journeys (10 - 20 miles).