ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone got a w880i yet?

What do you think of it?

I'm tempted to get a silver one, but the N95 is calling me...

The W880i looks mint and is suitably compact and feels sturdy, but the N95 is the geek phone with lots on it (though I probably will never use most of it :eek: )

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd thought about buying the w880i but after reading the negative comments regarding the keypad I decided against it. I had a play with a friends N95 last night, very nice but nothing much different in use than the other N series symbian phones.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
I'd read the keypad is very spongy feeling and not very positive or responsive to use. The small keys have also caused complaint. Texting can be a pain due to this. Individual preference really so if you like the keypad then I doubt you'll be disappointed with the remainder of the phone as it is good.

The W880 is a great phone. I have had it for a good few months now as I got it early from Sony Ericsson. Keys take 5 minutes to get used to. Silver is also a lot better than black.

106 GTi
Nearly went for it the other week when I upgraded but the buttons are far to small. Ended up with a Nokia E65.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
aye my mates got it as well. hate the damn thing. keys are so shity and tacky!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
why would anyone buy the w880i.

its got 16mb of memory!
2mp cam!
and thats its

the n95
150mb memory and 5 mp cam
wi-fi
gps

and lots more

182 Cup, (2nd one)
I got the w880i amd the buttons are small but i soon got used to it. I guess it may be more difficult for guys to use the buttons though.
I really only use my phone to make calls, text and listen to music and i find the 1 GB memory card that comes with the phone fits on plenty of stuff.
Its great its so small as well
Plus i got it free on 12 month contract for £20 month so i am very happy with the phone :D

I went for the orange one so it matches the car as well lol

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
ive got the phone. really like it. nice n small.

ive got 14 albums on it and iv still got 500mb left. n that includes all my pics n vids n contacts etc

Better than yours. C*nt.
why would anyone buy the w880i.

its got 16mb of memory!
2mp cam!
and thats its

the n95
150mb memory and 5 mp cam
wi-fi
gps

and lots more

16mb memory? 32 according to mine... and 1Gb M2 included, 2megapixel camera but f**k me, that's why I buy cameras. Does video calls and decent speed 3G (UMTS) = 3.6meg downloads at peak... Is perfect for going with your ultraportable laptop, who needs built in 3G...?

Love mine to bits, just wish I could be arsed to get it unlocked to Voda to use as my work phone...

And as for comparing the specs above, how about the fact that the N95 is about 4 times the weight and 3 times the size of the W880i?