ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone had a manifold match?

172cup
Has anyone had a manifold match by Angel works?

These guys are quoting a 15 bhp gain from match and remap.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Ben knows his s**t mate, come see us when you need the remap to suit ;)

Cheers

Paul

RS RIP
Ben is a god on the machines from what i heard....

having mine done soon :lolup:

the only thing is that i recently had a group N ecu change done, and this will not be able to be custom made (to be readjusted ) for optimal performance with the manifold ..
Really disapointed, the guy who sold me this (Holland) said this would'nt be a problem and now it appears it IS

Do'nt feel like spending another 275 (or so) for a custom so i'm gonna have a chat with him and see if he will do it anyway for only the hour-wage. The info on the group N was wrong so i can expect a little service

Megane R26
Someone on here is runing a matched plenum and GroupN with no problem. Obviously ideal is custom map, basically adjusting AFR. I have a GroupN and im going to have my plenum matched by Ben!

RS RIP
Someone on here is runing a matched plenum and GroupN with no problem. Obviously ideal is custom map, basically adjusting AFR. I have a GroupN and im going to have my plenum matched by Ben!

Air to Fuel Ratio, yep...

What's the "plenum" part ? Is it actually 2 pieces that need to be worked on when matching ?

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
Has anyone had a manifold match by Angel works?

These guys are quoting a 15 bhp gain from match and remap.

yep best mod u can do failin de-cat!

Re-flashin ecu will obviously give even better improvement but pretty pointless till you've done something more than just ported inlet mani

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i have a grp n, and matched inlets by ben, HIGHLY reccomended, it pulls past all (probably standard mind) 172/182's i've come accross

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Which part is it that gets done, the manifold (the smaller bit) or the big top plenum thing?

Only ask as I've got more chance of picking up a manifold (as they fit all 172s and 182s right?) than a plenum for a mk1 (as the plenums are all different?).

Which part is it that gets done, the manifold (the smaller bit) or the big top plenum thing?

Only ask as I've got more chance of picking up a manifold (as they fit all 172s and 182s right?) than a plenum for a mk1 (as the plenums are all different?).

The lower bits are the samer the upper there to different types the phase 1 172 uses one the res use the other and there none swopable.

172cup
Wow this aint half confusing!!

Will getting manifold effect mods in future? (excluding ecu)

To be honest not wanting to go crazy like fast and furious just want the Q car looks to scare bigger cars than cost more. Complete wee pocket rocket.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

The lower bits are the samer the upper there to different types the phase 1 172 uses one the res use the other and there none swopable.

Hmm what I thought, so me getting hold of another lower bit isn't going to help as my plenum will need doing as well :/

Will getting manifold effect mods in future? (excluding ecu)
It helps reduce restriction so it won't have any negative power effects.
Hmm what I thought, so me getting hold of another lower bit isn't going to help as my plenum will need doing as well :/
Yep the top and bottom bits need doing the bottom doesn't need much work the top is the one where time needs spending. BenR etc often have a exchange set so he sells your his for a price and you get so much of the money back when you send your old one back. Least then the garage etc who swop them can do it quicky and you can be back driving instead of talking it off sending to Ben for the work and your stuck without a car which works.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
yeah I was hoping to get the parts cheaper than the exchange price :p But getting hold of the plenum is going to be tricky I think. Idea was to have the standard parts for when I sell, then can sell the matched ones seperately, might not bother and just get it done though :)

172cup
Definately considering this manifold match and my 29k 172 engine seems to be very fresh and powerful as standard. Hmmmm

Do you tell insurance bods though?

no.

all you're doing it machining the manifold to what it should have been like from Renault. You're not actually modifying the engine, just correcting it! Plus there's little chance of them knowing the work's been done.

Definately considering this manifold match and my 29k 172 engine seems to be very fresh and powerful as standard. Hmmmm

If the insurance ever take it off they can tell its been modified and they don't like payoing out so if they cna invalidate the policy they will.

majority of the work is on the lower part, not the upper.

phs 1 and 2 172 and 182 plenums are all diff.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Your NEVA getting 15bhp! But you will see an improvement, not only in performance, but smoothness and idle. I got 16bhp from Inlets, maxogen, decat, zorst and remap...And mines not shy.

Clio 172 mk2
This mod sounds good....I will get round to doing it one day when I can afford the remap as well:)

Your NEVA getting 15bhp! But you will see an improvement, not only in performance, but smoothness and idle. I got 16bhp from Inlets, maxogen, decat, zorst and remap...And mines not shy.

Getting seriously tempted to go this route myself. Mine would be the same apart from sports-cat instead of decat (I already have that along with cat back exhaust).

Thing is I'm not paying full price for a maxogen so it depends on a second-hand one coming along...

Ali - does the maxogen make a difference in terms of noise?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Getting seriously tempted to go this route myself. Mine would be the same apart from sports-cat instead of decat (I already have that along with cat back exhaust).

Thing is I'm not paying full price for a maxogen so it depends on a second-hand one coming along...

Not really. Not really worth it either. Std airbox is sufficient.

Not really. Not really worth it either. Std airbox is sufficient.

Is that true? Hmmm....I thought the maxogen was the shizzle. No way am I paying full whack :nono: But for £200 - worth it?

RS RIP
one thing i've learned here on the forum is that you almost CANNOT beat the standerd filterhouse (with maybe ITG panel inthere)...

I took my superdupercarboninductionmega-airfilter OFF and the car responds much better on little throttle ;)

one thing i've learned here on the forum is that you almost CANNOT beat the standerd filterhouse (with maybe ITG panel inthere)...

I took my superdupercarboninductionmega-airfilter OFF and the car responds much better on little throttle ;)

As a rule that is correct. I have an ITG panel currently ;)

But from what I've heard the Maxogen does actually work (bloody should with that price tag!), particularly if the cars mapped to suit. So I am tempted to get one to make the most of other mods. I'm quite happy to stand corrected if Ali thinks otherwise though!

seen 13 with just inlet on stock engine no remap.

It did have a viper and exhaust on with nothing else before though.