ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone here ever been featured in Max Power or similar mod magazine?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive been in Performance Ford in my old FRP Fiesta ZS and also got my local RR featured in Fast Ford.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I was also 19 when my car was in Performace Ford, lord praise credit... :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
our site had close contacts with both redline and fast car..

we went to belgium with fast car, that was fun, only british cars in the show
redline did a few pages on our site, there was about a year when i couldnt pick up a mag and not see one of my mates on the cover.. it was a bit crazy

clio 200 F4Rt
my mate had is Saxo VTR featured in Redline a few years back.

And i had my Saxo VTS featured in PGTi a while back too, plus a few pics in Revs, Redline and Max Power over the years.

was black/gold ff 182
had my gold 1.2 clio in the centre pages on the readers cars page little bit about it etc

williams 2 turbo
my old show car was in max, revs, redline, fastcar, and a 8 pager in pgti. plus ive had loads of other cars ive worked on featured, ahhhhh those were the days.

AX xsi
sorry for the late add, my bf's ax vts has jus been featured in Performance French Car, also another lad off there won 2nd best in PGTI car of the year for his AX VTR turbo. Plus Glenda from Fast car owns a very nice AX VTS (which he had featured when he started working there)

Black 133 Cup
I've had my car featured in Redline and TVX plus some German magazine.

Got some great photos out of them, lots of pages, quite good write ups (even though I wrote most of the TVX one myself and the journalist took credit) but overall I felt thoroughly used by them :dapprove: Once they'd used the car for a season of shows and plastered it over everything I never heard from them again! TVX didn't even pay for the repair to my car after the bumper was cracked when I drove it down a quarry for them for the bloody photoshoot!

106 GTi
Evo borrowed my old 205 GTi, and Clarkson used it on his car years program before I owned it, Top Gear borrowed it under my ownership and the Stig drove it.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Evo borrowed my old 205 GTi, and Clarkson used it on his car years program before I owned it, Top Gear borrowed it under my ownership and the Stig drove it.

That episode of Clarkson's car year's with the 205 was on that freeview channel Dave a week or two ago, it looked in absolute mint condition, had it/was it used as a concours car prior to your ownership Rich?

106 GTi
No was a member of the owners club car but was not a concours condition example.

Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20vt
Im guessing from Evo, Clarkson and Top Gear all borrowing it at one time or another it was one of the best examples in the club though?

106 GTi
Not really there where nicer ones, but they where wrapped up in cotton wool and never used. I used it as a daily drive and it was still chosen to be used on Top Gear. Don't get me wrong - It was a nice example, but it was nowhere near as clean as my own Concours car at the time or any of the 205's I competed against.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Aah right, that's interesting to know, it still certainly looked good on tv. when did it appear in evo? Without wishing to go too off topic i'd love a 205 GTi and personally i think miami blue is the nicest colour on them, although the rallye versions look pretty good in the yellow. How long ago is it since you got rid of the 205?

106 GTi
Evo was in 1999 for the release of the 206 GTi. I sold it in Oct 2004 and ordered the 182 as it's replacement in the December.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
searches through old copies of Evo (!) Issue 8 i see, i think these old copies of Evo are worth a few bob themselves now! Do you ever wish you still had the 205? Without wishing to sound like an old man i personally think hot hatches are getting too big nowadays, having driven a 205, and even with cars like the Saxo VTR and 106 GTi when you drive them it's almost like being in a go-cart.

106 GTi
searches through old copies of Evo (!) Issue 8 i see, i think these old copies of Evo are worth a few bob themselves now! Do you ever wish you still had the 205? Without wishing to sound like an old man i personally think hot hatches are getting too big nowadays, having driven a 205, and even with cars like the Saxo VTR and 106 GTi when you drive them it's almost like being in a go-cart.

If the 205 Had had an Mi lump in it I would have missed it more needed more power lol, miss my 309 GTi and my ex's Raider more !!!!!

Hot hatches today are getting too fat and soft, I am so tempted to get a 306 Rallye or 106 GTi this year but must resist.

Lionel Richie
Yoz had his old clio 16V in max power (it was bog standard too!)

i've had a few pictures in a few mags over the years

and i've been on TV!

CLIO CUP RACE/TRACK CAR
yes been in max p, redline 3 times and jap car mag....

and been involved in max power live demo show (many years ago i must add!!!)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not sure i'd admit to it.

Colin G was a chav back in the day - i'm sure he had a feature! ;)

178hp 172 Cup
my clio has never been in any mag but my pug 206 has been cover of Max in 2006!!! i would never go with them again though tbh as i was treated so bad by some of the staff and messed about with the feature!!

i would like to get the clio featured in Performance GTI ( French Cars ) though ;)

80MPG BEEZA
morky on here has had 2 features in redline and fast car with his old clio which has both pics of his car and a pic of him!