ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone installed a cyclowiz in their wii yet?

Fabia vRS
i heard u can put games on an external usb hard disk and play them? u got more info on that? might buy a wii if that is the case.

Revels Mum & Sister
I installed a Wiinja in a friends Wii weekend just gone.

Was a small pain in the ass as 3 of the pins on the back of the cdrom you need to solder to are the size of pin heads. Although thre Cyclo has the easy solder points so shouldnt be a problem. UNLESS you want to desolder in which case have fun.

It worked though. Plays backups.

Looking forward to when they have been upgraded and can play import games. I assume you have checked that you dont have the chip on the cdrom that doesnt work at the moment?

Astra CDTI SRI
I installed a Wiinja in a friends Wii weekend just gone.

Was a small pain in the ass as 3 of the pins on the back of the cdrom you need to solder to are the size of pin heads. Although thre Cyclo has the easy solder points so shouldnt be a problem. UNLESS you want to desolder in which case have fun.

It worked though. Plays backups.

Looking forward to when they have been upgraded and can play import games. I assume you have checked that you dont have the chip on the cdrom that doesnt work at the moment?

Aye, I have one of the first models. So chip should be ok.

Hopefully the tri-wing should have arrived today so I should get it installed tonight.

What media did you use? I hear that -R's are working better than +R's.

Also, which backup did you try? Wario ware is supposed to be a jumpy during the cut scenes?

Revels Mum & Sister
We used White top Riteks. -R. Burnt at 8X on a Pioneer 111

Burnt Wario Ware, Spongebob, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball and Rayman.

All seemed fine? No jumpyness

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
We used White top Riteks. -R. Burnt at 8X on a Pioneer 111

Burnt Wario Ware, Spongebob, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball and Rayman.

All seemed fine? No jumpyness

pioneer 111D ! wonder why you had one of them lying around ;)

Revels Mum & Sister
Cause thats what I robbed from the Stores at work

Along with an NEC one! LOL

Is there a special purpouse the 111 provides

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
There is indeed.. Its the weapon of choice when it comes to 360 backups. Obviously not what you bought it for though ;)

Its also just a damn good burner.

Any luck with installing this? Was it easy?

Thinking about getting one but not sure - installed a mod chip on my PS1 ages ok and it was ok but a bit nervous on doing on my Wii.

Will it play imported backups? Also how do I tell which chip I have? Do I need to open it up?

Aye, I have one of the first models. So chip should be ok.

Hopefully the tri-wing should have arrived today so I should get it installed tonight.

What media did you use? I hear that -R's are working better than +R's.

Also, which backup did you try? Wario ware is supposed to be a jumpy during the cut scenes?

Revels Mum & Sister
You quoted the other lad I have allready installed a wiinja in a wii. Depends how good you are with a soldering iron.

You cant really mess up with the easy soldier pads, however if you ever want to change the chip its a nightmare to desolder. Although the cyclowiz is meant to be updatable.

To find out your chip, you can match your serial to the list floating around on the internet. And no it doesnt do Imports at the moment

You quoted the other lad I have allready installed a wiinja in a wii. Depends how good you are with a soldering iron.

You cant really mess up with the easy soldier pads, however if you ever want to change the chip its a nightmare to desolder. Although the cyclowiz is meant to be updatable.

To find out your chip, you can match your serial to the list floating around on the internet. And no it doesnt do Imports at the moment

Yeah I was asking about the Cyclowiz one, but no worries.

So if the Wii runs one of its updates would that make the chip useless?

Revels Mum & Sister
Yeah the cyclowiz is the one with easy solder pads, the wiinja isnt. I had to solder wires on his, but if he wants a new chip makes it far easier to change.

I dont *think* they can as this literally sends code to trick the cdrom into thinking a legit game is in the drive. It doesnt touch the Bios chip or anything like that. Thats the general view

But if this was the case, just take the chip out and it reverts back to normal. Like the original xbox had a switch with some chips

Yeah the cyclowiz is the one with easy solder pads, the wiinja isnt. I had to solder wires on his, but if he wants a new chip makes it far easier to change.

I dont *think* they can as this literally sends code to trick the cdrom into thinking a legit game is in the drive. It doesnt touch the Bios chip or anything like that. Thats the general view

But if this was the case, just take the chip out and it reverts back to normal. Like the original xbox had a switch with some chips

Oh ok, cheers Rasclart.

Just found the list and seems I have an ok Wii so am interested now...

Read a lot about these DRE problems though...

The fact they don't play NTSC backups either puts me off as most of the 'backups' availabile through U torrent are probably NTSC anyway.

Probably wait until they do a chip that does everything... Should come eventually??

Revels Mum & Sister
Should do yeah

There are a LOT of PAL releases fella. In fact every single PAL release is out there so that shouldnt be an issue

But yeah I would like Import support!