ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone into jet-skiing ?

Civic Type R
I'm not into them and wouldn't claim to know much about them but a friend of mine has owned a few and started of with one like that however he soon changed it for a sit down 2 seater and then a sit down 3 seater with more and more power respectivly(130bhp).

I think you need to look at where you are going to use it first, if you're going to be using it on a lake or something then I would go for a sit down as those stand up ones are for tricks etc and obviosly you need waves.

If in the sea however it may be more fun to have a stand up one and start to learn some tricks etc...

As said above i don't know alot about them and have been only been on 2 and extermly fun they are so i can only go by what my friend has said/done with his!

find a forum like this one but on jet-ski's prob best idea!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a sit down, well my dad. Its the ultimate seadoo. The RXX - do a search on them. Theyre what you want imo. They are rare though, very...but pretty much a production race spec bike. :)

I'll dig out a pic..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
ebay093.gif

ebay094.gif

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Used to have jet skis a few years back.They are great fun but they cost a LOT of money to run and maintain.

If you buy Seadoo then you need to use the oil they recommend which was £38 a litre back then.To put it into perspective,i used to have a XP Limited(1000cc) which i tried to get out on most weekends.I used to run the bike as much as i could over the weekend as i had to travel to a lake.It uses a full tank of fuel in around an hour if you run it flat out or about a couple of hours if you mess around on it.A tank of unleaded cost around £34 and i used to take 4 full jerry cans with me which i used to just about get through in a weekend.The bike would also go through most of its oil as well(will let you do the maths).If you get an older bike you have to mix the oil yourself.

If you buy Yamaha or any other bikes,you can pretty much use standard oils which are a lot cheaper.I used to own a GP1200R which is a quick bike,good for towing tows or someone ski-ing.The difference between the Yamaha and the Seadoo is the hull shape which makes a LOT of difference to the ride comfort.Most Seadoos have a semi V shaped hull which will cut through chop easily without any stress on your arms,where as the Yamaha hits chop like a brick wall and kills your forearms.This mainly applies to going in the sea with them which is another story altogether.

If you take them into the sea,you MUST flush them out and give them a good cleaning ASAP or they will corrode internally.If you just use in freshwater,you can just pull it out,empty it and put it away to be cleaned whenever you choose.You may say you will clean the bike after being in the sea but i hated it after i was knackered from fighting waves all day.If you need any advice or help,just gimme a shout.I tried a little bit of racing in the 1200 runabout category and its manic and expensive(hence my short lived try).

All this aside,i think jet skis are the most fun you can have.I have done motorcross,trials riding,riden superbikes and tried most motorsports and i think the jet skis are awesome.Everyone can have a go and its a great weekend out.I will be getting another one next year hopefully and canr wait.

Mreg 1.8 16v naples red
cleaning the thing after sea use aint a problem. its going to be 99% sea use. just sucks that im going to have to put a tow hook on the car and get a towing license :( i think im probs going to start with a racey ( stand up ) one then see how i get on. its jsut for messing around, tricks and poossibly racing after a while. are the Kawasaki's any good. thats what i rented and it was preety fast. nd handled like sex. ( smooth sillky....etc haha ) i think one of the big sit-ons is going to be too heavy for my lil clio to tow. u got msn Hawkeye ??

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Have msn but never use it mate.All the modern bikes are pretty much on the same level with regards reliability and performance(except the seadoo which makes the 215HP supercharged RXP).Thats the bike im after next year.

I just found the sit downs better fun and if i got tired,i can just sit and float around resting.You are always in the water with a stand up and it gets freezing after a while(i know,im a pussy).I have 3 mates who own stand ups and they are really into the freestyle tricks on theirs as that is what they are aimed at.With a sit down you can take a couple of mates,sit one on the back and one in a doughnut being pulled along(its a scream watching them try to stay on).It just depends on what you want to do.I tried stand ups but wasnt to my liking so i went with sit downs and loved it but thats my personal choice,you might enjoy stand ups better.