ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know how rare a 2006 Renault Clio 182 RS is?

2006 Clio182 RS
Evening all.

I own a 2006 Renault Clio 182 RS.
Car was first registered in the UK 01/03/2006.

My question is how many of my year Clio's were registered in 2006?

From my research I can only find that the182 ran production from 2001-2005.
I can't find any that were registered in 2006 or any that are for sale the same year.

Would Renault be able to tell me what number off the production line my car was?
Trying to find out how rare it is.

Many thanks 👌🏻

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine was registered on 03.02.06 but on a 55 plate, I did contemplate sticking in my garage for a few weeks so it would be on an 06 plate but really couldn't be without a car for a few weeks. I scoured the country for a new 182 and managed to find 10 new unregistered in 2006. I've seen quite a few 06 plate mk2 Campus.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Probably quite rare as they'll be late registered cars basically they gave away as the mk3 was being sold. Build date could be anytime though, may of sat about years

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Is it silver by any chance? All the 06 plate ones will have been made in 05 and just sat unsold. Most of the ones I've seen are silver which was seen as the least desirable colour (god knows why as they look smart imo) and the 197 was available on a 06 plate.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Probably quite rare as they'll be late registered cars basically they gave away as the mk3 was being sold. Build date could be anytime though, may of sat about years
Mine was manufactured in October 2005. I think that's when the last 182s were made. I have some paperwork somewhere with the date on, it's written in French.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There’s an 06 in Petrol blue, I’ve seen an 06 in LY too.

I wouldn’t say that ‘rare’ to be honest. They were still making the campus and campus sport until late 07 / early 08.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
An 06 pb has to be as rare as 182's get. I wonder how that one came to be as I doubt the colour was available to order late in 05 when production of the regular 182 was winding down.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Mine is Titanium Silver on an 06 plate, I'm putting it up for sale in the next few days funnily enough. I'd say they're pretty rare.

Rare for a 182 yes, guaranteed increase in value no.

Find out the build date, as a knowledgable buyer would understand that there could be 55 plate cars built after it and, although unlikely, technically it could have been built as early as 2003.

Always makes me laugh when people confuse “rare” with “desireable” in car adverts. Astra Zeneca blood clots are rare, doesn’t mean I want one. The 172 exclusive is rare, but it has horrid wheels, a horrid cream interior and meh paint.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Always makes me laugh when people confuse “rare” with “desireable” in car adverts. Astra Zeneca blood clots are rare, doesn’t mean I want one. The 172 exclusive is rare, but it has horrid wheels, a horrid cream interior and meh paint.

This exactly, collectors will go nuts for super low miles but cars that didn't sell so ended up on a different registration plate, not so much.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
No way an 08 182 would pass emissions. Euro regs changed in 2006 so it wouldn't have survived past its first mot. Was it a converted campus by any chance?

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Find out the build date, as a knowledgable buyer would understand that there could be 55 plate cars built after it and, although unlikely, technically it could have been built as early as 2003.

How do you find out the build date if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you.

2006 Clio182 RS

Thanks for your comments. I guess I did confuse "rare" with "desirable" lol.

2006 Clio182 RS

Steven103, how can I find out the build date or build sheet for the car?
Would contacting Renault head office be the way to go? Cheers

2006 Clio182 RS
Thanks for all your comments gents, much appreciated 👌🏻.

How can I find out the Build Sheet/Build Date for my car?

I've seen a few websites that offer VIN Decoding, but have to admit I'm wary to offer up my VIN number to an unknown website.

I'd like to find out to add provenance to my car as I might decide to sell the car due to my physical disabilities I have.

Changing gear now for me causes a lot of pain, but the pain is balanced out by the grin factor 👌🏻

Cheers gents

2006 Clio182 RS
I'm not sure if Vcheck will give a build date but they are a trader on here and definatly trustworthy with your info. @Arnie maybe able to advise if he's still around.
Thanks @Porl

Hopefully Vcheck or @Arnie will be able to help me.

I did send an email to Renault RS to see if they could help me. Will keep my fingers crossed.

I think I will be putting her up for sale very soon.

2006 182 RS
100k miles
Titanium Silver
Had plenty of work done with loads of history with it.
Belts done at 78k
Just had a new Alternator, new fuel pump and sender, new xenon bulbs, wipers etc.

Not sure what it's true value is but will try the market and see what people offer for it.
Will definitely be sad to see her go, but she won't get used as much as I'd like and I definitely need to switch over to an auto these days.

Where would be the best place to put her up for sale in your opinion? (Would be nice to get the Build sheet to accompany the history)

Cheers

I didn't mean to sound like your car is worth nothing or that an 06 plate isn’t a bit more reassuring than an 04 plate.

But an 06 plate alone doesn’t automatically make a boggo 182 worth the same as these 6/7/8k Cups or Trophys or Liquid Yellow that you see on collectingcars for example.

I think I read on here that the Renault app can tell you your original options and build date?! I’ve never tried. Maybe it only works on newer models.

Another very tenuous idea is that a lot of plastic parts will have a manufacturing week/year number on the label or stamped on the back. If you looked at something which Renault logically would get through stock very regularly on (something common like door handles, fog lights, indicator stalks maybe, or particularly anything with an ECU) then this could give you a pretty good “not manufactured earlier than” date. I am not suggesting that you tear apart your car for this though lol...

Do any of the stickers in the door shuts have a 4 digit week & year written on them?

Unless I’m being an idiot, the same website also reckons that there are only 293 ph2 V6 in the UK (2007 Q4, 263 taxed + 30 SORN).

Meanwhile Wikipedia says that 1309 were produced. So for every 1 sold in the UK there were 4 sold abroad?! Mmm really?!

And it’s missing about 30 of the UK Trophys?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Unless I’m being an idiot, the same website also reckons that there are only 293 ph2 V6 in the UK (2007 Q4, 263 taxed + 30 SORN).

Meanwhile Wikipedia says that 1309 were produced. So for every 1 sold in the UK there were 4 sold abroad?! Mmm really?!

That website definitely isn't 100% accurate, but 30 trophies exported from the UK over the last 15 years sounds about right to me.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Thanks @Porl

Hopefully Vcheck or @Arnie will be able to help me.

I did send an email to Renault RS to see if they could help me. Will keep my fingers crossed.

I think I will be putting her up for sale very soon.

2006 182 RS
100k miles
Titanium Silver
Had plenty of work done with loads of history with it.
Belts done at 78k
Just had a new Alternator, new fuel pump and sender, new xenon bulbs, wipers etc.

Not sure what it's true value is but will try the market and see what people offer for it.
Will definitely be sad to see her go, but she won't get used as much as I'd like and I definitely need to switch over to an auto these days.

Where would be the best place to put her up for sale in your opinion? (Would be nice to get the Build sheet to accompany the history)

Cheers
My pet hate is people saying belts done at a mileage.

Belts need to be done every 5 years regardless of miles. So when you list it, put the date and it will save a lot of questions!

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Fully understand that some have been crashed or exported, but the website says there were only ~470 trophies in 2007.
It’s based on DVLA data though isn’t it. So if the vehicle was registered incorrectly, it would illustrate that data. Back in 2005/6 dealer registration through AFRAL was carried out by the dealerships. It was therefore reliant on someone typing the correct information in every time....so unsurprisingly they may not have bothered with the trophy bit.

At least that’s my own experience of working in dealers at that time

182 Trophy

What about Trophy's that have been written off?
354 phase 2 v6 cars in total uk 50 written off or exported ?
please don't shoot the messenger

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
From my research I can only find that the182 ran production from 2001-2005.
Most European factories close down for a short period towards the end of summer, to re-tool and restart production from Oct onwards. So your car will have rolled off the production line up to between 2004-2005. As has already been stated, your car would have sat around until the dealer eventually sold it and registered it for the road.

Not Clio related - but I once sold a brand new Daihatsu YRV to a guy in Scotland. It came with a 3 year warranty from new. A year later he went into his local dealership for a warranty claim but was gobsmacked to be told the manufacturers warranty had run out. He'd only had it a year. Turned out the car had been sat in a field for nearly two years before it landed with us.

We resolved the issue but just shows you how registration and production dates bear no resemblance.

We're still selling brand new Hyundai Tucson's which seized production in Oct 2020 to make way for the all new models which started production from October 2020.