ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know the best deals on a new PC at the moment!

I dont wanna blow a whole load of cash, but would like to know of any you can recommend with fast processors and big hard drive and flat screen with as many extras as poss and Windows XP included...etc.

I'm sure someone here can tell me where the best deals are to be had to save me a few quid on the best PC. I may even go for a whole package that includes printer/scanner as well... as its all a few years old.

Help! I'm need to save my pennies.

172 Exclusive #114
Can you put together a jigsaw? Then you can save yourself a wad of cash and build it yourself. If you email me with exactly what you want the PC for, and I'll put you a spec together. sam at samnesbitt dot co dot uk

Soz Malice! I didnt mean to post it in the wrong place.

Sam. Thanks mate.. thing is I was after a flat screen and printer as well, and seen some good package deals in the paper a while ago. Its that kind thing I'm after, I think they well Dell?

Last edited:
  172 Exclusive #114
Dell did go on a huge advertising thing recently, and for good reason! Seriously tho, Dell machines are pretty good for the money but I've had delays of 5-6 weeks with PCs from them and if you ever have to use their customer service - you've guessed it: Call Centre in India staffed by non-IT people reading from a checklist. As for the printers they supply, they're rebadged Lexmark printers which from my experience (8 years in IT) are bloody crap. A HP or better still an Epson is a much better bet.

Ebuyer, just got one for my nan and granddad, good machines, so quiet you cant hear them.

I wouldn't touch dell with Joel's.

172 Exclusive #114
That's who I use for components, and for that they're brilliant - their ready build machines are okay, if a little basic - but again, they have customer service issues.

sambonebs said:
Dell did go on a huge advertising thing recently, and for good reason! Seriously tho, Dell machines are pretty good for the money but I've had delays of 5-6 weeks with PCs from them and if you ever have to use their customer service - you've guessed it: Call Centre in India staffed by non-IT people reading from a checklist. As for the printers they supply, they're rebadged Lexmark printers which from my experience (8 years in IT) are bloody crap. A HP or better still an Epson is a much better bet.

i have never ever waited that long for anything from dell ever

Octavia VRS
I got a great deal on a Dell machine but it was through work tho. delivery was less than a week and the cal centres I phone up at work are based in Dublin or Glasgow

The Bus and MRT
I don't think building one yourself saves that much cash these days mate... I've just recommended http://www.meshcomputers.com/ to a mate and it's great, take a look there very good value for money, decent build quality and very accessible cases should you need to swap anything out

Checking these links out now, some look quite good. Will see whats around at the weekend to compare.. I havent tried eBay yet for some reason, but often the cheapest place.