ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone posted about the new Vaxhaul Insignia VXR ?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If you had 30k would you buy this or a used RS4/M3?

Not all that impressive to me tbh. 0-60 in 5.8?

Audi S3 is quicker ffs

Nothing to write home about/ will be worth buttons in 3 years time

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
30K for a vauxhall. Laugh and out loud!
Vectra vxr=fail tbh.

astra coupe on coilovers
vectra vxr is a epic car for the money i looked at one the other day 9grand with 30,000 miles and as for price its the same with any car when they come out and all cars are worth buttons now ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah seen lots on pistonheads for peanuts!
Class if you don't like going round corners quick and are after a big grunty cruiser.

MKIII 138
Class if you don't like going round corners quick and are after a big grunty cruiser.

another person who hasnt driven one.

even the 1.8i astra sport hatch 5dr on 17" wheels that my bro has could dig into corners with less understeer than my 172cup, things move on i guess. the vxr vectra can handle very well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
another person who hasnt driven one.

even the 1.8i astra sport hatch 5dr on 17" wheels that my bro has could dig into corners with less understeer than my 172cup, things move on i guess. the vxr vectra can handle very well.
Fail. I test drive cars every day as my job due to suspension work and estimating.
2 so far this year maybe 5/6 the whole of last year.
4 astra vxr's and 1 corsa vxr test driven this year so far. I am in a position to give my opinion.

They don't handle as well as they should. All imo of course.
I would drive a mondeo st220 all day long before a vectra vxr sorry.

astra coupe on coilovers
Fail. I test drive cars every day as my job due to suspension work and estimating.
4 astra vxr's and 1 corsa vxr test driven this year so far. I am in a position to give my opinion.

st220 is gash tbh the st24 deliverd the power better than the st220 and give me the vectra vxr any day more power prob about the same handling due to them both being big cars

MKIII 138

what are you 5 ?

I test drive cars every day as my job due to suspension work and estimating.

maybe you expect too much, but to say they handle badly is a mass overstatement. Its a modern car with modern suspension and massive modern sports tyres, lowered etc.. it may not like very twisty driving because of weight but in terms of driving smoothly and quickly across b roads there very capable.
its amazing how you can make seemingly dosile things go fast around the bends, its all about understanding the car and driving as smooth as possible.

in that respect most modern cars can travel at serious speed on the road.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
what are you 5 ?

maybe you expect too much, but to say they handle badly is a mass overstatement. Its a modern car with modern suspension and massive modern sports tyres, lowered etc.. it may not like very twisty driving because of weight but in terms of driving smoothly and quickly across b roads there very capable.
its amazing how you can make seemingly dosile things go fast around the bends, its all about understanding the car and driving as smooth as possible.

in that respect most modern cars can travel at serious speed on the road.
I laughed at that ;)

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
vectra vxr is a epic car for the money i looked at one the other day 9grand with 30,000 miles and as for price its the same with any car when they come out and all cars are worth buttons now ;)

Wouldnt say all cars are worth buttons, id say some have better residual values than others.

Thus far the Vauxhall Vectra being an example being worth effectivley buttons to what they were new. All cars deprerciate, given.

Some not as bad as others, Alot of car for 10k though the Vectra VXR...

Can anyone honestly say they would have a brand new Insignia VXR over a 2 year old RS4?

Lunacy if so imo!

astra coupe on coilovers
Like it - a small, tiny bit.

For 10k, I'd like my car to turn corners when required! Top speed not required.

For 10k, I'd buy a 330. And I did!
fairdos nice car you have there mate the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

You wouldnt believe how well the handle tbh.EVO did a test with a scooby and a mitsu and the vxr stayed with them,even in the bends.