ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi! New mk1 phase 3 owner.

1997 Renault Clio rl
Hi, I’m Luna. I’m pretty new to clios. Sorted a rather battered and rusty mk1 phase 3 as a first project. It’s an RL panache 1.2. I was just wondering if anyone more familiar with the cars had any words of advice or wisdom about the car, common problems etc, before I get started. It’s been sitting in a field for 12 or so years from what I can tell, so it’ll be a bit of work. Wanna first get it road worthy then maybe do some little mods. Thank you!

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
There’s a few mk1 guys on here, what’s the rust looking like? From what I’ve seen of mk1 clios they like to rot quite badly.

1997 Renault Clio rl
It’s currently off to get welded but it needs new sills inner and outer on both sides and the floor is completely rotten. I’ll see if I can sort some pictures.