ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone raced a v6?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I have. The benefit of the V6 is that it gets the power down much sooner while the 1*2 is still clearing its throat. Had a really good run with a guy in a V6. 2nd gear rolling etc. As we flew down a motorway slip road, there was no more than 2 car lengths in it and mine was brimming with fuel and luggage.

R35 GTR
I love the look of the V6, but the extra few milliseconds saved to 60 doesnt do it for me. Also the lack of space, bigger turning circle, rear wheel drive with no forgiveness(apparently according to clarkson, not driven one..) and maintenance costs are not very appealing.

But I'm biased.lol.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I love the look of the V6, but the extra few milliseconds saved to 60 doesnt do it for me. Also the lack of space, bigger turning circle, rear wheel drive with no forgiveness(apparently according to clarkson, not driven one..) and maintenance costs are not very appealing.

But I'm biased.lol.
You're back David.

You must have upset someone to be away for so long. What did you do or is it a secret?

Mk2 V6
LegoHead, for me, that's the point. I've ridden nothing but motorbikes for 5 years, only had my car licence a year and wanted something - I wasn't sure what - and the V6 fitted the bill perfectly.

The fact it's not that rapid, to many it's just a 'Clio', it's impractical, it's expensive for the performance, it's rare, it's only got two seats - these things are all major strengths in my book.

Why? Because most people with £20k to spend on a second-hand car stretch to as much performance as they can afford and therefore go down the M3 route, 5 years ago they all had an Impreza. Is there anything wrong with an M3 or an Impreza? Not at all, I just wasn't after out-and-out performance. Which is a good thing, 'cos it ain't got it. I wanted character and the V6 ain't short on that.

If you're coming from a 172/182 I can see why you wouldn't want a V6 on performance alone because they're about twice the price and about 0.1 of a sparrow's kneecap quicker to 60.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
LegoHead, for me, that's the point. I've ridden nothing but motorbikes for 5 years, only had my car licence a year and wanted something - I wasn't sure what - and the V6 fitted the bill perfectly.

The fact it's not that rapid, to many it's just a 'Clio', it's impractical, it's expensive for the performance, it's rare, it's only got two seats - these things are all major strengths in my book.

Why? Because most people with £20k to spend on a second-hand car stretch to as much performance as they can afford and therefore go down the M3 route, 5 years ago they all had an Impreza. Is there anything wrong with an M3 or an Impreza? Not at all, I just wasn't after out-and-out performance. Which is a good thing, 'cos it ain't got it. I wanted character and the V6 ain't short on that.

If you're coming from a 172/182 I can see why you wouldn't want a V6 on performance alone because they're about twice the price and about 0.1 of a sparrow's kneecap quicker to 60.
You've summed it up very nicely there Mr Naranja.

Another reason i'm tempted by a remapped R26 as it's just another Megane to many but just as capable as an M3.

APR LCR225
lol, a cup will certainly not lose a v6:S utter s**te...

looking at this mans avatar, he probably knows what he is talking about!

Lol, yes, have a good idea:)

Not saying the v6 will lose the 172/182 completely, on a good twisty road they are very similarly paced. The experience in the v6 though is a totally different one...Where the 2.0 litre is working hard keeping up the revs, the V6 is going the same speed with much less effort.The torque is what sets them totally apart. Thats the twisty stuff, so it does depend on the situation.. I kept with my dads V6 through a good 8miles of twisty roads which was great fun, until we came to a sharp corner just before a long clear straight, at which we both selected second gear and he was away, there was no two ways about it, i couldnt keep up..and mine was running bmc, blueflame with decat and gdi group N map:(

Couldnt comment on the V6 230 as have never been in one.. Saying that us 172/182s would prob beat either most of the time on the twistys as the drivers of the vees are probably more wary about keeping its fine bodywork safe!:rasp:

Renault Clio 1.2
just wondering how much quicker the v6 is compared to a 1*2... the stats show it to be quicker but not enough to warrent the extra cash.

i have raced one round a roundabout... :lolup: I only drive a 1.2 and i was doing 60 so the v8 must have being doin about the same

I WON!!! I WON!!!

The v6 was in a mess and spinning the wrong way around the roundabout and heading for a heft 1 ft concrete rounabout walling!!!! :quiet:

APR LCR225
just wondering how much quicker the v6 is compared to a 1*2... the stats show it to be quicker but not enough to warrent the extra cash.

i have raced one round a roundabout... :lolup: I only drive a 1.2 and i was doing 60 so the v8 must have being doin about the same

I WON!!! I WON!!!

The v6 was in a mess and spinning the wrong way around the roundabout and heading for a heft 1 ft concrete rounabout walling!!!! :quiet:

:clown: