ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone recommend a garage in Mid Scotland area???

172 cup ,197 cup
I have a 172 cup and looking for a garage to do timing belts etc in central scotland, They were changed @ 35K car now up to 69K:race:

CLIO 182
Where about in Mid Scotland? I know a very reasonable garage in Stoneyburn, but if there not close the mileage may outweigh the savings.

(59) Clio Extreme
Place called Hunters of Linlithgow done mines today, Cant fault it and ive been out most of the night in it.

Clio 182
I'm from Edinburgh, so went to Rentech here to get dephaser checked out - sadly turns out it needs done (along with timing/aux belts) so got a month or 2 to save for this- but thats not the point :p

Seeminly these guys are some of the best you get above the border? - so I've read

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
here we go again.........................posting this type of thread on here will result in the following, drive 4 hours to either btm, birchfield, or danny, or ur car will break. u have been warned.

Clio 182 - 147 GTA
I had my timing belt and a the other bits replaced this week at Rentec Autocare in the east of Edinburgh. Good guys, keen on clios and willing to talk you through what's needed. They have all the Renault locking tools. I have done 260 miles since belts were changed and it's running well.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Its down to personal experience, Some garages are rated well by some people and then not rated atall from others.

There is so many mixed reviews regarding garages in scotland but as said above there is 3/4 garages down south that have nothing but amazing reviews and its prob worth the drive to take it to these people.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
Here's something to cheer you up yeecup, you always seem so negative

:rasp:

Last edited by a moderator: