ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone Run (or has run) Moodle for a School or college, or whatever.....?

Not a 320d
As title. Has anyone been part of or in charge of running Moodle. Wondered if you could make a few comments on what its like, is it well supported or a sack of s**t, why is it so popular etc..

Im not intending to run it, i just have to make a few comments about it for a uni assignment.
Thanks.

Not a 320d
I use it at Uni, as a student. Found a big PDF doc on tinternet and it gives plenty of insight into moodle, i would be willing to be hes been handed some paper money to write it. Its free, which im guessing is why people use it.

Not a 320d
I dont think its that bad, im really after the opinion of people who actually implement and admin Moodle for a college or uni or school.

My assignment briefs are on there, lost my paper copies and logged into my account, got the digital copies....serves its purpose.

I use it for one website, which is an online training course site, selling Lean and Six Sigma courses (£200-£1300 a course)

I've fully customised it, so it doesn't even look like moodle. I think it's a great piece of kit.

I administrate it daily, so any specific questions, fire away.

Installed it on a Windows box with IIS and SQL Server and it was an absolute bugger to get it working. Worked fine for a few weeks until some unknown update knocked it on it's arse! Since paid for an external supplier to host the noodle externally with my colleague muddling his way through the administration. Still in it's infancy but the training dept seem to really like it. CJ, may drop you a pm with a couple of queries if that's ok?

Installed it on a Windows box with IIS and SQL Server and it was an absolute bugger to get it working. Worked fine for a few weeks until some unknown update knocked it on it's arse! Since paid for an external supplier to host the noodle externally with my colleague muddling his way through the administration. Still in it's infancy but the training dept seem to really like it. CJ, may drop you a pm with a couple of queries if that's ok?

Yeah sure.