ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone stripped a faulty dephaser?

Megane dci 130
I strpped one ages ago and iirc its the locking pin inside that fails causing the movable part to rattle.

I strpped one ages ago and iirc its the locking pin inside that fails causing the movable part to rattle.

+1 stripped one on a scenic/megane cant remember. Was what he said.

For some reason they used to fail all the time, its quite rare for one to fail on clio's.

Monaco 53/468
Wasn't talking about clios in specific

I work for a warranty company and don't believe that they just "wear out"

I also used to be in sales at a Renault main dlr and my 06 plate 1.6 VVT Clio Dynamique dephaser was noisy after 6k miles!

Unfortunatley "if it's had it - it's had it" doesn't cut it in my job!

Wasn't talking about clios in specific

I work for a warranty company and don't believe that they just "wear out"

I also used to be in sales at a Renault main dlr and my 06 plate 1.6 VVT Clio Dynamique dephaser was noisy after 6k miles!

Unfortunatley "if it's had it - it's had it" doesn't cut it in my job!

They cant be stripped down and repaired if thats what your getting at, No they dont wear out as such the pin fails inside. When i was at renault we were literally changing them daily on scenics.

So yea, when it's had it - it's had it.

Monaco 53/468
I would never ask for one to be repaired, so no that's not what I mean

what happens to the pin? Does it wear down? Does it fall out? Does it snap? Etc etc

Mainly a tow truck
I dont quite get your logic, if you work for a warranty company i imagine you get a few of these pop up that you as a company have to pay out on, they are more or less a sealed unit, if its failed then thats it, it has to be replaced, what does it matter what has happened inside it etc, from memory the part is around £100?

From the few i have had they make a great deal of noise and i would say something inside breaks.

Carl

Monaco 53/468
'Cause of failure' is what we need to know, I'm not defending or slating anyone - its just my job

If its failed due to wear then the majority of our plans wouldn't cover it, if its a 'sudden mechanical failure' then they would

Thanks for your help anyway people

I'll ask for the next one to be sent in so I can have a squint at it