ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone use Inkscape?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Have been messing around with it on and off for about a year. Tend to have figured out most of what I need to do with Google lol.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Have been messing around with it on and off for about a year. Tend to have figured out most of what I need to do with Google lol.
google or youtube which is what ive been using is letting me down at the moment :(

you see in the top sky part there is a square insude the sky. I want to cut that square out so there is no image, just white empty space

KcfE9z.jpg

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
If it’s anything like photoshop, can’t you select the layer (that the shape is on), invert it then clear it? (or similar, as it’s a diff program)

Out of interest, what has made you choose Inkscape over PS/GIMP? I’d imagine there is a lot more documentation/YouTube videos for those two.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
If it’s anything like photoshop, can’t you select the layer (that the shape is on), invert it then clear it? (or similar, as it’s a diff program)

Out of interest, what has made you choose Inkscape over PS/GIMP? I’d imagine there is a lot more documentation/YouTube videos for those two.
I already had inkscape on my laptop, came with my laser cutter. (I know its free anyway)

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Couldn't you just draw around it with the crop tool, round the corners, and crop it? (I've never used inkscape but even ms paint has a crop tool)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's shite. If you want something that's decent, then get Affinify Designer, won't break the bank and is f**king awesome, as are all their apps.

I use Affinity Photo + Designer on both Mac & iPad and also Affinity Publisher on Mac, waiting paitently for a iPad version of that.

Use them for icon design and other bits and bobs. Publisher is for when I need to knock up some DTP.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Affinity designer is 50% off at the moment. It's an epically good product.