ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used a competition clutch kit?

Need to replace the clutch kit on my MR2 2ZZ over winter and the OE kit from these comes in at a good price compared to other brands like LUK, Exedy, Sachs, Valeo etc, to which all prices have shot up this week for some reason. The CC kit also comes with a clutch alignment tool, see below.

I currently have the lightweight flywheel from CC which is a decent item, so hoping the clutch kits will be of similar quality.

So has anyone used an OE or even a uprated kit from CC?

COMPETITION CLUTCH TOYOTA CELICA MR2 1ZZ 2ZZ from Competition Clutch only £123.55 | Tegiwa Imports

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Honda bummers do, yeah. Not heard any t'interweb horror stories yet, but they may be fairly new to the 'scene'.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
They're big in America, especially the Honda drag scene.

Seem decent from what I've heard.

Just emailed about the lead-time, need it delivered before new year really so I can get it boxed off whilst off work over Christmas.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Most likely it will be one of the big name companies like Valeo or Luk rebranded under their name. I'm sure it will be fine.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I have used one before in one of my old Hondas and it was OK. I would personally go for Exedy tho.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I spoke to Mick at CG recently with the intention of buying his Stage 3 clutch off him. Explained that i already have a Helix groupN which is worn out.. Proper genuine guy and advised that i would be better off having my Helix rebuilt and resurfaced, by him, than buy a new stage 3 off him, so thats what i will be doing. He quite literally turned my sale away and offered to rebuild my existing unit instead..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk