ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone used Toyo R888 Simi Slicks or used other simi slicks?

Looking at gettin either the Toyo R888s in 205/50/15 four for £300 or can anyone tell me any other good ones, mainly for use on track days but i might used them on the road in the summer when it dry!

Cheers

MarkCup has got some yokos A032 send him a pm.

From the trackday vids I have seen of his car it looks glued.

At the ring last year there was a BMW using the 888 tyres said they were a danger on the motorway in the dry and wet on the drive there but once they got about half way round the track they heated up and stuck like glue.

cheers boys!! A032s look really good but there double the price of the r888s price was why i thought about them. obviosuly the a032s will be better.....

V6 Clio
I have them on the rear of my V6. I drive very slowly in the wet so couldn't advise as to their effectiveness that way but in dry there is loads of grip.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The A032's are good, they've lasted me 4 trackdays so far...and I'll probably be able to tease one more out of them before there's danger of canvas showing.

I've never run them on the road for normal use, but I might if there's enough left after my next trackday...just because I like the noise they make.

There something like £110 a corner though, and don't take to kindly to being too aggressive on track (mine are the softest compound)...I'll have to get a paint-stripping heat-gun and metal spatula out to scrape all the marbles off before I use them again...that's after I was really throwing it around at Bedford recently.

Definitely worth it on track...good for 3, maybe 4 seconds a lap I reckon...but it took me a little while to really trust them and understand just what they where capable off. They're still progressive at the limit, but can bite on occssions if you do stupid things like miss your turn-in, then lift-off while trying to correct in an off-camber corner :eek:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Also...you could give these a try...not too pricey, and although they're "re-moulds", they're fully FIA approved and road legal.

I'm hoping to get a set later this year...then I might go out on the road on them and try to get a copper behind me...see if the pull me over LOL

thanks a lot mark! any damage to the car in that second video? or did u just slide along side the barrier?

Last edited by a moderator:
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
There's a guy here in Oz who has 205/50x15 R888s on a Clio sport he runs in hillclimbs very successfully. But while he seemed very positive about how well they do that job, he was negative about using them on a road car. He thought their life would be so short that you'd have to be crazy to use them on them on the street. But since he only used them for racing he was only guessing at what mileage you'd get out of them. There was also a question about harsh ride because of the stiffer sidewalls in semi-competition tyres.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No damage...I slid along probably less than 12 inches from it then ended up facing the right way :)

The beeping? Origin b2 overspeed warning, which beeps about 3 seconds late after reaching 100mph.

Mark I'm off to get some of those tyres there only 2 people at Demon Tweeks can help your best off I'd think ringing the manurfacturer.