ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone want a 182?!

am becoming seriously disillusioned with my car, has done 21k now and things just keep going wrong! 2 weeks after i bought it the cv was knocking, so had to replace the driveshaft first kick in the nuts (£200!!!) then the back brakes started squeaking and groaning, new pads and discs solved that, get a months worth of happy motoring then coolant temp sensor decides it wants to be a rev counter, sort that now after i replaced all front bushes with powerflex jobbies i get a funny knocking/groaning from my front d/side wheel! as well as a blow from what sounds like my nice month old de-cat!!! now remembering why i sold my peugeot, french cars dont like me:(

its a 2005 plate! got rid of my old 106 after i had a stackload of problems, bought an astra coupe had no problems in 6 months but wanted something i could track so went french again, and its biting me in the arse! am seriously considering putting her up for sale already!

172 cup
Welcome to the world of Renaults!!! There's always something wrong with them!! Mine has had a long list of never ending problems to! But i adore my car so i keep putting her right and driving on again!

I stuck 3000 miles in very short order on my 93K mile project cup to see if it was any good. Not a single problem and as I continue to take it apart its impressing me just how well its held together/been maintained in the past.

I always seem to find stuff thats unreliable for everyone else reliable though. My TVR was the most reliable car I've owned!!

Cheers
M

Combination on luck and how its been maintained/treated.

Had a couple of Clios with no major problems in 3 years (between the two of them)

all my cars get serviced every 5k regardless, allowed to warm up etc etc they do get driven hard on the odd occasion but no more than anyone else, just seems like i cant get past a month without a silly niggly little problem!

little update, got the car up in the air and had a look, exhaust is fine is somehow making strange noises because the engine cover is loose (d'oh lol!) but the other anti roll bar mount on the driver side is fubarrd! which aint good because its a powerflex one i only had fitted 1000 miles ago!!! they are going to be getting a nice phone call when they open again next week! still tempted to sell it lol!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Sounds like you've had a bad run fella. Keep at it mate it will all come good eventually.

My 182 so far has been (touch wood) pretty solid since i bought it around 12months ago. Only thing i had trouble with was a joint in the exhaust kept blowing but once i found a garage who knew what they were doing its been spot on since :D

lol not free im afraid! its annoying i do love it when its working but i keep looking at other things (corsa vxr *cough cough* lol) and i've got ast top mounts, strut braces and loads of carbon coming! do i keep it and be happy, or sell up all and put towards a corsa?!

Renaultsport 200
A corsa? - Are you ill?

TBH you seem to be very very unlucky. This seems freakily strange that your car is going wrong so much. Stick with it, fix it and hopefully it will go right for you.

Don't get a corsa vxr mate. I drove one, i hated it with a passion and this was before i had my 197. They look sh1t too as if they have been dragged through halfrauds

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I stuck 3000 miles in very short order on my 93K mile project cup to see if it was any good. Not a single problem and as I continue to take it apart its impressing me just how well its held together/been maintained in the past.

I always seem to find stuff thats unreliable for everyone else reliable though. My TVR was the most reliable car I've owned!!

Cheers
M

My 172 has been pretty good too.. although i did spend quite a bit on parts/repairs when she hit the 70k mark.

I know you mean man. Actually not much has gone wrong with mine for ages. In fact, dare I say it, it's actually quite reliable really. However, it does feel like all the screws are gradually undoing themselves. Hard to put a finger on it, but it just doesn't feel screwed together anymore. It's getting worse over time, and new creaks & rattles are coming from new places on a daily basis. Things like the suspension creaking, and the tyres scrubbing, when I come off my drive don't help, but those features have always been there TBH :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
My drivers seat has starting creaking now, perfect excuse for some Recaro buckets ;)

The 172 is now on 98K and the engine/ car is running better then ever :)

cardinal sin looked in cars for sale and saw the indigo 106 rallye, always had a soft spot for them and sorely tempted lol! just need that arb mount fixed and car will be good again, still thinking though!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
cardinal sin looked in cars for sale and saw the indigo 106 rallye, always had a soft spot for them and sorely tempted lol! just need that arb mount fixed and car will be good again, still thinking though!

I really like that too, shame i don't have the room in the garage for it :(

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Doesnt sound like you could replace much more so I'd keep it. I guess you gotta have a cutoff point though

loved my quiksilver and seeing that just makes me think, had exactly the same buckets in it as well and were extremely comfortable! never got round to putting a cage in it though lol!
Picture095.gif

the memories!

def had some bad luck there! had my 182 (2004 on 34k) for almost 2 year without any issues, been to nurburgring and back too without worry!

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Very nice quicksilver mate, love those wee cars :cool:

Tbh your having no more problems than anyone else. Me personally, ive thought ive had no problems with the cup but when i think about it there has been problems

Its all in the fun of french performance motors;)

ph2 172 ff
i have had my clio for 9 months and had the same sort off problems
i have had to replace both c.v. joints suspension springs and the exhaust now it needs a new seat because the airbag blew when it shouldnt off