ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone who’s had a full Respray..

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Place/ Cost/ Happy with the results?

Preferably on a mk1, not sure if the size tpe of car makes a difference!

Also do you know how much they strip it down to do? what do they take off out to spray.

Thanks

I doubt itd ever be mint mint mint after a full respray.. no ones good enough at spraying, heh.

500bhp Scoob

Panelkraft (Local spray shop)/£1400/Sorta happy, althou a few bits that need sorting out.

They took all my doors off, door cards etc, boot, sprayed the bits inside that i can see.

I doubt youll ever find a place thatll do a full respray and that youll be totally happy with it, theyll always be some small problems.

Mine being that they didnt get enough paint on the rear bumper, well a part of it, and it shows up a bit.

Also a bit of paint run, that isnt so noticeable, and a few little bits that look like dust or hair under the paint.

Its due in soon to be sorted out, shouldnt take long.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

ok if I just want dents removing, tiny bit of rust doing, flaking bumper sorting and just a general tidy up should I bother with a full respray?

190 BHP Willy 2

Your looking at £100 a panel mate. Thats a guide my mate who does bodywork uses. If theres excessive preperation needed than its another £60 a panel.

500bhp Scoob

youd prolly be alright with just getting the little bits done, any good bodyshop can blend paint to the existing paint colour anyway. and itll be cheaper, and take less time than a full respray

I had a full respray and to be honest the results were fantastic, used a local bodyshop a guy i have known for years.

The only thing i would say is you dont have to blend with a full spray job, but if who you use is good enought that wont matter.

I have had a lot of comments as to how good my car looks since the respray.

Cost i cant really comment on as mine was half insurance and half personal payment.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by big hp on 31 October 2004

Your looking at £100 a panel mate. Thats a guide my mate who does bodywork uses. If theres excessive preperation needed than its another £60 a panel.

Is it cheaper then to say get a door that isnt dented a get it sprayed rather than use the original door which needs knocking out?

Would the smoothing out the dent take longer than say sanding down a different colour door and spraying?

190 BHP Willy 2

Depends really. If there only small dents then get dent master to go over the car first.

My friend did it that way. Was quoted £200 to sort dents etc but he only paid £100 cash and had dent master go over the whole car.

i would never have a respray expecting anything less than perfect! and would certainly never be happy with things like runs in the paint! the body shop i use is perfect and had a few recent cover cars . they are called type k styling and are based in chetsey, near london, cheers

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

people start updating me with good cheap places to go round the north west area!

I could get away with some of the dents i reckon with dents away but the one on the roof would be a bugger - its where the edge of the sunroof is i bent it taking the sunroof out :cry: