ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone with a paddle clutch?

TVR Cerbera
thanks. Anymore?
The reason i'm asking is because i destroyed mine at the pod and an organic won't take my torque figures

Lionel Richie
what times you running chap?

the helix and the alcon both worked well on yoz's car, but he wasn't doing standing starts

Lionel Richie
didn't damage the box did you? the clutch does have a habit of exploding out through the bell housing if you get it HOT

iirc Andy GDI has/had a paddle clutch on his and it ate the flywheel and brought about the demise of his gearbox a lot sooner than it should and he's not particularly brutal on shifts.

Only thing I noticed when driving it was the slow gear change it gives, the horrible noises in slow traffic and that was about it. Wasn't heavy at all, easy to use, just a bit wanky imo.

it may not have been a paddle, not 100% sure... think it was though. Guess it also depends on how they are used to a degree as well, ie track/road or a combination of the two.

thought it was... either way it seems a bit pointless with the life of it and the damage it can/does cause. Standard one's still okay on mine, I'll just get another as I cant see me having the car to 160+k miles hehe

TVR Cerbera
didn't damage the box did you? the clutch does have a habit of exploding out through the bell housing if you get it HOT

Externally the gearbox casing/ bellhousing looks ok (started stripping down) however ther is quite a bit of clutch fibers coming out of various holes! and god it stinks! :(