ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ANYONE WITH DIALOGYS PLEASE FOR PART NO. 7701472038

RS RIP
As above , i just called Renault to cancel the order i placed for above part number because i just read this thread here but they were closed already. Skini on here seems to have experienced that a different partno. was a fit for the 172

skini said:
For 172 you can buy balljoint OEM Renault number: 7701468411. They are for Renault Scenic or something like that and are with larger hole.
skini said:
I received the thread-topic number (7701472038) from a Renault Sport dealer , they said they often have used this one and drilled out the holes. But Skini may have the exact right one , can anyone with the Dialogys software shed some light please ?

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi Frank,

You need this one, 7700875960. I have recently got one replaced.

Hope you can find this number in NL. Sometimes numbers differ from country to country.

Alper

As above , i just called Renault to cancel the order i placed for above part number because i just read this thread here but they were closed already. Skini on here seems to have experienced that a different partno. was a fit for the 172

skini said:
I received the thread-topic number (7701472038) from a Renault Sport dealer , they said they often have used this one and drilled out the holes. But Skini may have the exact right one , can anyone with the Dialogys software shed some light please ?

RS RIP
Alper, is this a Scenic one ?

I have a SMI steer-column/system ; had to put the car on a bridge to find out the brand (TRW or SMI) , this SMI brand is what they used at Renault to order the parts i need

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Alper, is this a Scenic one ?

I have a SMI steer-column/system ; had to put the car on a bridge to find out the brand (TRW or SMI) , this SMI brand is what they used at Renault to order the parts i need

Frank, do not really know that really for which car this really is. I was told that this part is not available itself only for 172's and you have to buy to whole lower arm instead. Another Renault Sport luxury :) I think the holes on it are 10 MM.

RS RIP
thanks Alper , i may have to change the order made (will see if the ones ordred now fit?) and next will trie yours.

This is now doing my head in , how hard can this be ?!!

Lots of Alfas
It shouldnt matter what the steering rack is. The ball joints are all the same, they only need the rack make for the track rod ends.

Dialogies isnt much help because it doesnt list the part being avaiable for 172/182s. It only lists the whole wishbone, does anyone know what year/model scenic it is?? The joints on the Scenic 2s are integral to the lower suspension arm.

Last edited:
  RS RIP
Thanks Dave. I also ordered the inner + outer track rod ends/ track rods just to be sure to eliminate all play because my car is all over the place when flooring her.

You're right about that ; the rack-make is needed to order those parts.

Now for the ball-joints !! I spoke with Renault Sport Holland today and the man confessed that the ball joints were going SO frequently on the clios etc. that they started repairing the joints instead of changing a whole wishbone !! (therefore he gave me the tip of thread-topic balljoint partno.)

There you go; these cars must have been under warranty because elseway Renault would'nt have cared and charged a whole wishbone

I will let you all know how things turn up with mounting these next days

RS RIP
for the extra £15 you may as well buy the lower arm, Renault want £40 for that joint! arms are £55.

They cost me 36 euro's each ; this is with bolts and nuts.

I got them this afternoon and we will be fitting tommorow morning. Hope i'm finally done with this then !

RS RIP
update.. all is fitted but i had to drill the holes on the joint from 10mm to 12mm ; pissed off but it turned out quite well.

Also did inner+outer trackrods/ends , feels nicely "new" now to throw around a curve

So in conclusion ; lower ball joints, inner and outer track-rod ends + mounted for 400 euros. about 250 pounds i believe. Is This a good price ?

Last edited: